Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arrow Header question

Ok. I know this has been discussed before but I haven't been able to find info on this specific question.

I have an Akrapovic carbon/ti slip on. I was trying to find a way to just get headers without selling my system & getting a full system.

I found that two companies sell the headers separately- Jardine and Arrow. I was looking at the Arrow website and noticed that when buying the full system for our bike, you have to order the pieces (headers, midpipe, and exhaust) separately anyway. Also, it says their midpipe will fit either the stock headers or their headers.

So, I figure, if their midpipe will fit both the stock headers, and their headers... and my Akra midpipe fits the stock headers, then by default, shouldn't my Akra midpipe fit the Arrow headers?

Does my reasoning make sense? Has anybody tried this?

I figure if this works, it will be a great option for people who already have slip-ons and wanna upgrade to a full system.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Theoretically yes.............but honestly you wont know until you bolt it all up. Have you called Akra to see if you can just get headers from them?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
saiyan66 said:
Theoretically yes.............but honestly you wont know until you bolt it all up. Have you called Akra to see if you can just get headers from them?
I went on Akra's website but could not find a phone number for them. I did call a few shops & they all said Akra does not sell headers separately.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
buy the Jardine and try it, if it doesnt work, you have plenty of people with jardine slip ons to sell it to.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Let me know, I would be interested in that as well. I wanted to get just headers for my Arata, and they wanted like $1200 or something crazy! When the full system is less than that + the price of a slip on!

Oh, and with the Arata, the slip on rear section, and the full system rear sections are different pieces. So you cant put a slip on on the aftermarket headers, it's a different pipe from the headers to the can.

They would exchange it for me and let me keep my can, and get everything I needed, but it was soo expensive, for not a lot of gain.

So it may be the same way with Akra. They design a slip on version, then full out how they get the best power by changing the headers and rear section.

So, it may also be the same way with Jardine. They may have different rear pipes depending on which you buy. I thought the same thing you did and though "This is perfect!!" And called them, and they told me what I am explaining here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikespike2 said:
Let me know, I would be interested in that as well. I wanted to get just headers for my Arata, and they wanted like $1200 or something crazy! When the full system is less than that + the price of a slip on!

Oh, and with the Arata, the slip on rear section, and the full system rear sections are different pieces. So you cant put a slip on on the aftermarket headers, it's a different pipe from the headers to the can.

They would exchange it for me and let me keep my can, and get everything I needed, but it was soo expensive, for not a lot of gain.

So it may be the same way with Akra. They design a slip on version, then full out how they get the best power by changing the headers and rear section.

So, it may also be the same way with Jardine. They may have different rear pipes depending on which you buy. I thought the same thing you did and though "This is perfect!!" And called them, and they told me what I am explaining here.
The reason I am kinda optimistic about the Arrow headers is that when you buy the Arrow "full" system, you are just ordering their headers, midpipe, and exhaust at the same time. They don't have a full system per se, you just get each piece they offer and change all of it. So if you wanted to get their slip-on, you would just order their mid-pipe and their exhaust.

So I figure if their midpipe and exhaust fit the stock headers, then my Akra midpipe and exhaust, which are on my stock headers, should fit the Arrow headers.

I'm also gonna call Jardine on Monday to see what they say. But I'll probably just order the Arrow headers and try it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey dc7rr

so which one did u go for ? Jardine or Arrow ?

I am thinking to get a header, too. cuz the s/o i got they dont make full system, so have to find a header that fits my s/o.
does anyone know if the arrow is going to fit ?

heres the pic of the exhaust that i got.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts