Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i know there are other threads related but i cant find MY answer

ok.so last night i took off the nose fairing and this morning tried to start it and the FI wouldn't even prime..i also noticed the headlights are off..i didnt touch any of the relays on the side..fuses are all good..plugs were all in

Now i hear a lot about this BAS and the pain in the a** it seems to be..even though i unpluged the plug behind the gauges, could the sensor still maulfunction?
I want to hot wire the BAS (but then i dont for safety reasons obviously) but i dont want to do it until im sure its that

also tried the "trouble codes" method but i coudl get any blinks..i held it to the red plug and grounded to the subframe

Some help would be nice!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i jus wired the green and red/white wire for tha BAS to bypass it but still nothing..so BAS is good

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
make sure you gauges are connected and the 2 connectors are connected just under the left (sitting on bike) air duct cover.
those plugs are connected..still no lights or prime
the 2 little plugs under the front brake lever are in(the ones that come out of the control switch box) cuz i did take those out..the two little ones under the clutch are also in

im really lost!!!!! and frustrated
electrical problems arn't my favorite problems on the bike

K

·
0 Posts
if ALL you did was remove the upper cowl, it's not the BAS. Check the dash connector, and the Headlight relay as well as the two main connectors on the left side under the air duct.

cick your FI fuse, check your other fuses.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if ALL you did was remove the upper cowl, it's not the BAS. Check the dash connector, and the Headlight relay as well as the two main connectors on the left side under the air duct.

cick your FI fuse, check your other fuses.
I want to be specific on the cowl..by removing it i ment the head lights, gauges, etc..i basically just removed the 2 bolts on the main frame.

but i did chck all the fuses and they are good. ive been pushing the dash connector as much as i can so im sure its in..still i do REdo it as i will ina minute jus cuz im going crazy

Knightslugger i know you know your things..can u list out some possible things i MAY have done to cause this

and to clarify..where is the headlight relay? i saw one between the headlights..is that it or is there one on the left side?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also the two little plugs under the front brake lever...is there a certain plug one must go into or are the both just like grounds? im not sure at all i admit

K

·
0 Posts
i... ...think... it's behind the headlights... maybe it is on the right ride now that i think about it. hmm.. anyway i don't think it's that. you sure you put your BAS back on correctly? the round end of the sensor is at the bottom, arrow pointing down?

the brake lever lines are just for the brake light switch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i... ...think... it's behind the headlights... maybe it is on the right ride now that i think about it. hmm.. anyway i don't think it's that. you sure you put your BAS back on correctly? the round end of the sensor is at the bottom, arrow pointing down?

the brake lever lines are just for the brake light switch.
yes i never even removed it..i just took it all off as one piece so i could adjust my lower trip tree and i put it all back on..the only plugs i pulled was the one behind the gauge as well as the two main connectors to the side..all of those were put back together

K

·
0 Posts
OK. you should be having a problem then. not at all. i've done that myself many many times. you may want to remove it again, (PITA, i know) and inspect all your harnesses and connectors for loose wires. i think one of them are at fault here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK. you should be having a problem then. not at all. i've done that myself many many times. you may want to remove it again, (PITA, i know) and inspect all your harnesses and connectors for loose wires. i think one of them are at fault here.
*SIGH*
ok ima go take it off again and ill let you know what happnes..ill try to repaeat EXACTLY everything i did last night on it and hopefully find a mess up otherwise ill still be scratchin my head

if its a faulty wire, which ones should i pay attention to?
ill try chckin em for resistance

K

·
0 Posts
wouldn't bother with that. just be on the look out for loose or missing pins and wires.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i took it off ..unplugged it all..plugged it back and put it back..i did make progress tho..the third eye light is back on now..still no prime or hi or low beam tho

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
which one is that? behind the battery?

K

·
0 Posts
no, that's the starter relay. the fuel cut off relay is the middle of three relays on the left side of the bike under the mid fairing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i looked in the worng place..lol..brb

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright its plugged in firm..so now i just dunno what to do
i dont see how the center light "just came on"
wish it wud all just "come on!"

K

·
0 Posts
i STILL think you've got loose wires in the harnesses.

did you test the relay or at least exchange it with a working one?

i'ma pull the wireing diagram. have a look about the fuel cut off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok ima go chck it all again right now

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.