Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so long story short I have a 7" cafe style headlight and it is made to accept an H4 bulb. Our bikes utilize H7. Is their an adaptor that coverts an H4 to an H7? Or an alternative idea that would allow me to use the headlight?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
You can buy socket adapters for the bulb but I haven't seen any plug-n-play products that will actually adapt a single headlamp system into a two-headlamp system. Is your intention to run both hi/low beams?

If you can find a couple of male H7 plugs (don't know if they exist) and a DPDT relay then you could conceivably make your own plug-n-play harness that can be easily returned to stock. Basically connect the low-beam filament of the H4 bulb to the low-beam headlight harness on the bike; and the hi-beam filament to the hi-beam headlamp harness with the relay in-between.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just running a single light. Its an HID so its bright enough that I only need the one. Where would I find a socket adaptor? I've went to almost every auto store in my area as well as a few places online.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes! That is what I'm looking for but h7 to h4. I didn't understand the working diagram on the street fighter forum. Also haven't had time to work on the bike. I do need something like this though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts