Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 05 rr and i've gotten a total headlight failure. before they were all on from when i fixed it last time, the low beam was wired straight to the battery and i wired it back into the system. so i took it apart again to try and wire the low beams back up to the connector. at first the low and the pilot light were out, and i could switch the high beam on and off. now, i have no lights at all. i'm hoping its a fuse or something. anyone got any thoughts what to check? i'm going to take the front apart again

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Do the easy checks first such as the fuse , followed by head light bulb sockets ( Black plastic prong ) that holds the bulb itself is known for having internal shorts pull the bulb out and look at the 2 prongs make sure there is no burn marks . then check the head light relay

Having both low and high out at the same time tells me its probably the fuse or the relay
If one side was working and not the other then i would say its the prong

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the high beam started working again, the ignition switch was sticking and triggering the relay. both the low beam and the position light are getting 12ish vdc, so i'm guessing its the bulbs?

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
the high beam started working again, the ignition switch was sticking and triggering the relay. both the low beam and the position light are getting 12ish vdc, so i'm guessing its the bulbs?
Switch the Low Beam bulb with the high beam bulb if you got lights then its the bulb for sure

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good tip. it was the bulb but at least the socket worked. got brighter bulbs for both and a new one for the position light and now i'm good to go. this forum = win

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
good tip. it was the bulb but at least the socket worked. got brighter bulbs for both and a new one for the position light and now i'm good to go. this forum = win
Glad to help congrats on the fix man :cruising:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts