Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight goes out after my bike has been running for a little. However, when I turn my bike off and turn it back on right away the headlight comes back on immediately. The more times I have to do this the less time the light stays on, but it Always comes back on right after I turn off and turn on the bike. I don't think it is a short in the wiring because I can't get it to turn off my jiggling all the wires and I can't get it to turn back on by jiggling the wires. I have HID bulbs, not sure if that will make a difference in your replies. Also, my high beam doesn't come on. It just flickers briefly but never comes on. Maybe it's a problem with power being fed to the headlights? I'm riding an '03 CBR600RR. Hope someone knows what's wrong. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Your ballast are probably on the way out what brand of HID kit you got ?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Remove the ballast and put OEM headlight back in there. If it doesn't continue to malfunction, you know your ballast is either going out, or there is a short somewhere in your HID setup.

You dont actually have to remove anything other than the light, just move it out of the way and swap out the headlight. Be sure not to touch the HID with your bare fingers, the oils will cause the light to burn out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts