Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so heres my problem. I put my key in and the headlight does not turn on. Switch to the high beam and the high beam will come on. Now when i charge my battery and then try it the head light comes on almost everytime. Any ideas? One of my buddies says he thinks i may need a new battery.

Sent from my galaxy s iii using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
636 Posts
You can take your batery out and take it to a battery store and they can test it. If you dnt ride that much you may not be recharging your batt enough. Purchase a battery tender to keep it topped off. Gl

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey guys, so heres my problem. I put my key in and the headlight does not turn on. Switch to the high beam and the high beam will come on. Now when i charge my battery and then try it the head light comes on almost everytime. Any ideas? One of my buddies says he thinks i may need a new battery.

One of your buddies is almost certainly right. The fact it works 'almost' every time after charging suggests to me your battery is the problem. If your friends own a 600RR, borrow their battery and chuck it in yours and see if the problem is fixed.

Post back your findings!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, ill deffinitely take it up to the batteriesplus store near me and have them test it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooo im outside next to the bike. Hooked up the charger and waited a minute or two. Sure enough key in the on position and the headlight came on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Usualy the switch on the handlebar.
All of my 600RRs have had the swith act funny intermittantly.
Usually flip it from high to low beam a couple times and it makes connection.

Not sire if that helps, but it may be your problem. Especially if the bike is stored outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts