Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok relay is in the nose behind the headlight but attached to it, but my relay is good, my connectors are getting power and the bulbs r good but they wont come on and fuse is good fyi

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Are you getting a ground to the headlight socket?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Set the meter to continuity or diode check mode. Probe between the ground terminal and anywhere on the chassis that's not painted over. Also check continuity of the ground wire itself...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If it has power and have ground the bulb will light up or the bulb is bad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought the bulbs i guess they could have gone bad but i doubt it, they look perfect and are less than a week old, ill try replacing them

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would use your multi meter and check for 12vdc at the plug. This is definitive way to know you have power at the plug.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Check the bulb on the battery to verify it is working.
Bulbs are dumb. With +/- they light up. Everything checked it should be lighting up.

·
Registered
862 Posts
For sh!ts and giggles look inside the socket and see if there's any corrosion or broken bits. Like tripage mentioned light up the bulbs direct with battery power and make sure they work. Assuming the bulb lights, without plugging in the bulb anywhere probe the contacts for resistance and note that value. Plug a known good bulb into the socket and run another resistance test between the positive and ground terminals on the socket itself and compare the two. They shouldn't be drastically different assuming the sockets aren't busted.

If the bulb lights, and you're certain the sockets are getting power, you've got crapped out sockets.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything checks out fine bulb lights with direct current and my connector to the bulb is fully functioning. And as far as the headlight unit its self being bad isnt an issue they just hold the bulbs so it cant go bad dude.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you have power/ground at the plug with your meter and they are making contact with the bulbs then they will light up providing your bulb is good. That is how they work. What he is saying is make sure you have a good connection on the tabs of the bulbs. If you have corrosion on the plugs and they aren't making a good connection then they aren't providing power/ground to the bulb and that will keep them from lighting up. Given all the info you have given us the bulbs will light up. Maybe pull the plug and take a picture of it, something isn't right at the plug if you have power/ground and no light.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Everything checks out fine bulb lights with direct current and my connector to the bulb is fully functioning. And as far as the headlight unit its self being bad isnt an issue they just hold the bulbs so it cant go bad dude.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2003/CBR600RR+A/HEADLIGHT/parts.html

Look at part 6... If the bulb works, power is supplied, and the ground is solid, then that's the only other part in between that can kill that connection.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so i recieved the new kill switch and relay yesterday, any advice on the instalation? Im hoping it fixes my bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts