Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2005 600rr black tribal w/ flush mounts in front and back as well as a yoshi slip-on. the other day my headlights just went out on my way to work. i checked all the fuses and the connections and they all appear to be fine. the connectors to the bulbs are not getting power however, but i cant trace it back to wherever the problem lies. ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
have your checked your bulbs? they might have blown on out on you....if they are still ok, then you might want to check your lines....there maybe a short or missing connection somwhere.....

btw, are you a fellow supra owner?

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
It is your killswitch. Under the bottom half of the killswitch, there is a little metal cover. Take that little cover off and underthere you will see a a few wires. From what i remember the headlight ware was white with a red stripe, but im not sure. But You should find the problem there. The wires are very poorly soldered onto this little tab. Just check to make sure that has not come undone.

BTW. Elecrical problems can be a little aggravating, but just think of it as a little game. Get yourself a nice mulitmeter, a 6-pack of beer, and have fun with it. You will feel good once you figure it out.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Whats the deal with this?? Did you solve it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
working on it

i know the bulbs are good. i haven't had the chance to work on it as it at my buddy's house right now. thanks shiftn3rdon1 for the help. my buddy is gonna check that kill-switch and see if thats the problem. hopefully he will get to that tonite because i'm itching to ride again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have your checked your bulbs? they might have blown on out on you....if they are still ok, then you might want to check your lines....there maybe a short or missing connection somwhere.....

btw, are you a fellow supra owner?
thanks, i checked the bulbs already and they are fine. and about the supra...no i dont own one, but i'd sure love to some day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks shiftn3rdon1, that was the problem, i soddered the wire back on and viola! lights!!! thanks for the all the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts