Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF? My headlights just stopped working out of nowhere, one second the low beam was on, the next neither worked! HELP!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If neither work... most likely it is that start button. It turns off the lights (both high and low beams) while starting the motor. I think that switch is the only circuit that the high and low beams have in common.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well. since it is not working... you can take it apart and see if there is something visibly wrong with it. Do you have a volt meter? If so... then what year is the bike? I have a wiring diagram and can look at what wires you can check.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Seperate fuses fot the high and low beams... There have been several cases of the start button messing up on this forum... I think the odds are greater of a bad switch than 2 fuses kind of working then not working at all later.

D

·
0 Posts
Seperate fuses fot the high and low beams... There have been several cases of the start button messing up on this forum... I think the odds are greater of a bad switch than 2 fuses kind of working then not working at all later.
Both the high and low beam are on the same fuse/circuit.
They're on a 20A.

My guess, the headlight connections are loose.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
The main problem for the headlights not working is usually ALWAYS the kill switch. You gotta get it fixed. If you just hit the kill switch, and the lights turned on, then you just completed the circuit in there. You need to take it apart and re-solder the tab that it wont happen again

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
The main problem for the headlights not working is usually ALWAYS the kill switch. You gotta get it fixed. If you just hit the kill switch, and the lights turned on, then you just completed the circuit in there. You need to take it apart and re-solder the tab that it wont happen again
any write ups on this repair?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts