Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to start my bike as usual in the garage (she is parked for the winter, i start it once a month and let it run till the fan does one on/off cycle then shut it off) and i noticed this time that my headlights are not working at all, checked fuse and continuity on the headlight relay and nothing, both high and low beam lights don't work

i do have DDM hid's and they were installed as per the "How To" section on this forum, all connections are soldered and heat shrunk, and i do have an off switch for the low beam.

the reason i am stumped is that if it was a bad bulb or ballast one light, either high or low beam, would quit. Not both. the fuses are fine and the relay is working as per the service manual

i will be bringing her into the basement living room to tear her apart for a 520kit, speedo drd and air filter maintenance, any ideas what to look for to trace the issue?

oh and the other electronic mods include (as per sticky)
pc3, ddm hid's (above mentioned) flush mounts
once again it is a 2007 cbr600rr
thanks
jesse

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problem resolved, turns out it was the contacts in the start button itself.. thanks to Moeman for the help

for future reference in case someone stumbles on this thread with the same issue, take the switch off the handle bar, remove the screw that holds the bottom half together, if the 3 wires attached to the start button seem to be ok, then spray some contact cleaner (or wd40 works too) on the button's guts, then press the button repeatedly, should work

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
My pleasure man glad to read you got it all sorted out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts