Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just been out riding the previous day(I ride every day)and the next day my headlights wouldn't come on and the bike wouldn't start. The headlights normally come on with the key turn. No lights, and it just turns over but doesn't start. I went and bought new battery and its been fully charged and checked so that can't be it. I don't want to waste a lot of money fixing things that aren't broken so...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Check fuses and relays. Sounds like it could be an issue with your kill switch/starter button, can you hear the fuel pump prime itself?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same exact thing goin on with mine. Fuel pump ain't primin, headlights and gauge lights ain't comin on, front signals are dead, and rear signals are constantly on, not flashing. I checked fuses, relays, and bas, can't figure it out. Ecu maybe? What Ecu is compatible with an 06 600rr?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I would check all the connections maybe something came loose?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea, checked all the connections, grounds, everything I could think of. I'm quite frustrated with it. Does anyone know of a way to test the ecu manually? The weirdest part is she just quit while riding.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
yea this topic has def been covered in depth.
i think i had a thread with the same issue and it covers a lot of potential problems and has links to other threads, sooooo

did you search at all?? probably not i see you are new...

do a little home work, and you should def come across the info you are looking for dude.

good luck

most likely just a ground wire somewhere...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I searched for about a week and a half before I joined. It just seems like the nothing is getting power except the starter and the tail light. Most of the other threads people had issues with their bas but mine is still good. The lack of power to the fuel pump is why I checked the bas, and one of my buddies is suggesting I have a bad ecu, but the bike only has 6,488 miles so I'm really not sold on that idea.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
I searched for about a week and a half before I joined. It just seems like the nothing is getting power except the starter and the tail light. Most of the other threads people had issues with their bas but mine is still good. The lack of power to the fuel pump is why I checked the bas, and one of my buddies is suggesting I have a bad ecu, but the bike only has 6,488 miles so I'm really not sold on that idea.
look at the link to my thread, it is posted in the post of mine above yours. i highly doubt your ECU is bad, before you start throwing money away on that sheet go through checking grounds. and be diligent, and do not over look anything.
there is another thread linked within my own 'help no start' thread.
as i sugguested to the OP i will do the same to you.
read my thread and also read the thread that is mentioned.
you should find some things to start looking at.
If you will follow that link that Dep posted up above you'll see a lot of good stuff. Check all the links and do some reading.
:banger:
what he said!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I had just been out riding the previous day(I ride every day)and the next day my headlights wouldn't come on and the bike wouldn't start. The headlights normally come on with the key turn. No lights, and it just turns over but doesn't start. I went and bought new battery and its been fully charged and checked so that can't be it. I don't want to waste a lot of money fixing things that aren't broken so...
OP: What year is your bike? Yours should be easy: Check your kill switch, it has been covered in detail several times. Failing that it may be an issue with the ground in the front harness.

I have the same exact thing goin on with mine. Fuel pump ain't primin, headlights and gauge lights ain't comin on, front signals are dead, and rear signals are constantly on, not flashing. I checked fuses, relays, and bas, can't figure it out. Ecu maybe? What Ecu is compatible with an 06 600rr?
Have a good look over your harness, it sounds like it is damaged somewhere, focus on the front harness and where those connections go into the main harness, and the ground connection from the battery to the rest of the bike.

And 05-06 are the only compatible ones unless you want to change other bits while your at it.

Yea, checked all the connections, grounds, everything I could think of. I'm quite frustrated with it. Does anyone know of a way to test the ecu manually? The weirdest part is she just quit while riding.
Nope, as far as I'm aware no manual testing of the ecu is possible unfortunately.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Check this out guys,
I've got a similar issue, went to get on my bike after work and no headlights but everything else was on bike wouldnt start had to have someone push start me so I could ride hm.
Got hm took my bike apart and my roommate found that the headlight fuse was blown, so I used the spair, after putting that in I had a felling it was my headlight switch cause it was a used part I bought over a year ago. So I turned off my high beams turned on the key and my headlight was on as normal finally, started the bike no problem. switched my high beam on and boom the fuse poped right away! Got more fuses now.
Orded me a new High beam switch from egay, got it and it did the same **** as the one I already have.
Now Im search of advice I'm going to check out the links above but if anyone else knows what could be the problem I would love some help!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check this out guys,
I've got a similar issue, went to get on my bike after work and no headlights but everything else was on bike wouldnt start had to have someone push start me so I could ride hm.
Got hm took my bike apart and my roommate found that the headlight fuse was blown, so I used the spair, after putting that in I had a felling it was my headlight switch cause it was a used part I bought over a year ago. So I turned off my high beams turned on the key and my headlight was on as normal finally, started the bike no problem. switched my high beam on and boom the fuse poped right away! Got more fuses now.
Orded me a new High beam switch from egay, got it and it did the same **** as the one I already have.
Now Im search of advice I'm going to check out the links above but if anyone else knows what could be the problem I would love some help!
Yep, I know exactly what your problem is, you have a short in the high beam harness somewhere.

What year bike is it and which fuse exactly is blowing, as there are 2 that are part of the high beam circuit. One for the control and one for the light itself.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yep, I know exactly what your problem is, you have a short in the high beam harness somewhere.

What year bike is it and which fuse exactly is blowing, as there are 2 that are part of the high beam circuit. One for the control and one for the light itself.

its an 08' 600rr and its blowing the headlight fuse

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
its an 08' 600rr and its blowing the headlight fuse
Cool, First thing is to unplug the high beam lamp and remove the relay form the fuse box.

Now turn the high beam on.

If the fuse blows: Your short is between the relay and the clipon plug.

If it doesn't blow then plug the relay in and turn it on again, it should blow this time and the issue is between the relay and the high beam plug.

Once you know where the problem is I would either have a VERY close look at the harness looking for any physical damage that may be present or simply cut the wires close to the components and solder in (and heat shrink) a new length of wire in order to simply bypass the short.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so i had to go to the field for a few days and i had my roommate drop her off at the local honda dealership for work, cause all i wanted to do was ride when i got done trainign. they say "everything looks fine, we dont know whats wrong with it" wtf, really? for $98/hr you better come up with something better than that. any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts