Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up another RR, an 06 this time.

Anyway, when I bought it the guy told me the regulator rectifier was going out and it was causing the headlights to not come on. He charged the battery and it fixed the problem for a while. Fine.

I had it for about a week and the headlights finally went out. I've since charged the battery even though it wasn't really that low and I have no headlights still. I was going to check the fuse but does this sounds like the regulator rectifier being the issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I just picked up another RR, an 06 this time.

Anyway, when I bought it the guy told me the regulator rectifier was going out and it was causing the headlights to not come on. He charged the battery and it fixed the problem for a while. Fine.

I had it for about a week and the headlights finally went out. I've since charged the battery even though it wasn't really that low and I have no headlights still. I was going to check the fuse but does this sounds like the regulator rectifier being the issue?

Thanks!
That doesn't sound like the R/R at all to me, if your R/R wasn't working properly your battery would not be charging, doesn't have anything to do with your headlights. I would check the fuse, or check for a loose connection to the headlight, could have just been on the verge of coming unplugged when the other guy had it, and finally came unplugged on you.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Start with checking head light wiring connections , check head light bulb sockets that hold the bulbs they are known to get hot prongs causing electrical shortages , Head light fuse , Open up the kill switch & check its wiring connections & make sure it's a tight connection and finally head light relay these are the common culprits for head light problems

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the fuse also since when I try to even click the high beam on, the little blue light on the dash doesn't even come on.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Kill switch connector excellent glad I can help

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep thanks guys!

So I should just be as to solder the connection back with a dab of solder and it should be good to go? Tried touching the connections last night but it didn't do anything so I'm Assuming it has to be an actual solder connection .

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Yep thanks guys!

So I should just be as to solder the connection back with a dab of solder and it should be good to go? Tried touching the connections last night but it didn't do anything so I'm Assuming it has to be an actual solder connection .
Indeed soldering the connection will resolve the problem :cruising:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Don't forget to sand down the joints and use higher heat rating solders. Otherwise, it will come off again. Make sure to put a big chunk of solder on there to surface area and increase temperature coefficient.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't forget to sand down the joints and use higher heat rating solders. Otherwise, it will come off again. Make sure to put a big chunk of solder on there to surface area and increase temperature coefficient.
We put a big chunk by accident so I guess that works haha - I went out and bought a new tube of solder and a soldering iron. We couldn't take it completely off so it was a tight fit maneuvering in there but it's all done. Much easier with 2 people

1 - 11 of 11 Posts