Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have HID headlights been using them without issue for about 2 years. I was riding yesterday and realized they weren't on for my ride home. They won't turn on any more after starting and restarting. The third eye still works. The bright switch no longer turns the brights on, or the blue indicator in the speedo. Nothing weird happened or rattled loose. I am assuming it is a fuse but haven't had time to dig into the bike yet. Any ideas?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
823 Posts
What year is your bike? This happened to a buddy on here and what we ended up doing was bypassing the system by directly connecting the ballast to the battery and if the lights work then you probably have a short somewhere in the lines. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
could be your headlight wires inside the starter switch housing. sometimes the solder breaks. it happened to me. i soldered it back and it happened again so i replaced the entire housing. worth taking a look to see if thats the case. only takes about 10 minutes (if that). here is a write up i used that resolved the issue

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=138034

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd check the Starter housing for sure, theres another thread on here with pictures on what you're looking for. My bike did the same thing with the 3rd eye still working and the HIDs not working. And it was the solder that was busted. I resoldered it put everything back together and the lights were perfectly fine again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I doubt this will help, but before my stock headlights did the same thing. Bike was running and everything looked normal except no headlights at all. Turns out my starter button was partially stuck in. Pulled it out ever so slightly and the lights came back on. Haven't had a problem since. Like I said, I doubt it will be this because it only happened once, but it did happen. Good luck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I will dig into it tomorrow and let you know. I'll start with the fuse bc that's and easy check and fix. I'll then look at the starter switch, however the thread that was copied on here for that solution was missing pictures so that will be interesting, unless anyone has a different thread I can follow.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts