Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
ok so i got the relay for the headlight harness... no luck it didnt work ****. so i talked to the mechanic and he said did you ever crash it? i said yes so he said to look where i crashed it and check the wires there first. but they worked for a year after. like i said im getting power into the fuse out of the fuse and not at the switch. any ideas what the hell i should take apart first? where dose the wires run from the fuse box? under the tank? and where do they go. any pictures of anything that has to do with the electrical wires for the headlights would be appriciated becaus enow i have to start from scratch and search everything..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
my hi beam flickers sometimes and wont come on but the bar end broke so there isn't anything in the tube so i'm guessing maybe water got in there and also I have to push the switch harder to get it to work when it's acting up and it only happens rarely. sorry if this doesn't help. I would trace the wires and see if something got pinched.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Kill switch was one issue that was pointed out before check
that out and best of luck

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bar ends are off the bike but what would that have to do with my headlights? and the kill switch? what would i be looking for there moe?

K

·
0 Posts
The start switch has a dual function. when you push it, it brakes contact to the headlight so that the starter gets most of the attention. yours might be stuck a little too deep.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Bar ends got nothing to do with kill switch or the headlights listen to
K.S. the man knows his stuff thanks K.S.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ks now that i think of it if i toggled the kill switch sometimes it would come on and stay on sometimes it wouldnt great thinking dude, so what do you suggest? take the switch apart?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright man sounds like a job ill start after work tomorrow, ill check to see if im getting power to the killswitch and toggle it a bit. is the highbeam low beam switch connected after the kill switch do you know off hand? im trying to trac eit after the fuse box so i have a few options to work with tomorrow

K

·
0 Posts
it's not the kill switch, it's the starter switch. that's what cuts power to the headlights at start up. that's what you want to check.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah the opposit of my highbeam low beam switch on my right side?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts