Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting, Just got my rr little over 2 weeks ago.. Parked my super duty ever since. :)

This forum is a great resource :) been reading alot, and has answered alot of the questions I was going to ask..

But I wanted peoples opinions on riding with the high beams on during the day?

In 2 weeks I already almost t boned a car since they pulled out on me. But I wondered if I had my high beams on if they might have seen me, removing a maybe accident.

I used to ride with them on all the time on my first bike. (cept night time) But the high beam was not very intense. This was 10 years ago..

Anyhow does anyone think they might be to bright for the days, and just attract cops to me?

Jim

V

·
0 Posts
Hey Jim, welcome to the forum. I ride with my high beams on most of the time during the day. I highly doubt you are going to attract cops to you by having them on..you will get pulled over more for riding without them on because cops think you have a headlight out. (I've been pulled over for my "broken headlight"). Once again, welcome, enjoy your stay. ;-)

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's how i look at it, it the lights upsets them then they see me. I always ride with my high beams on during the day and have not been pulled over for it. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Don't know what state you are from. But here in PA there are no laws that state you cannot have high beams on during the day, on a bike or in a car.

H

·
0 Posts
you can start by putting you brights on during the day.... and down the road you might want to consider getting HIDs.... they have saved my a$$ on a few occassions..... a buddy of mine gets a good deal on them... if you are ever interested shoot me a PM...

above all this though.... you have to watch out for yourself and be prepared for some cager to do something like that regardless of headlights, or a loud exhaust... most cagers are oblivious to bikes... ride safe...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
misjudgement on behalf of cagers is the biggest problem
they always think that you wont get to the spot or lane
before they do so they attempt to pull in there 20% of the time
and actually pull in there 80% of the time i always use my high beam day or night
the cagers get blinded so what way better then me getting ass packed god forbid as far as cops
so far no cop ever gave me **** for using my high beam and i had the bike for over a year now got to use all the tools to stay alive :lol2:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
if you're like me and don't need to use your high beam for what they're meant for.. brightening the road up further.. adjust them to aim lower so you wont blind people in front of you

·
Registered
405 Posts
i had xenon halogen bulbs in my bike. just installed hids that i purchased from homerjay. i used to run with both on night or day. with these hids i'll probably have to lower the angle of the highbeam in order to continue running both lights at night.

note: the hids r phuggin NICE! thanx homerjay!

·
Registered
345 Posts
If I remember correctly, my motorcycle handbook for taking the test to get my permit even states to ride in the day with your brights ON... All I would have to do to get out of a ticket(if ever given one) would be to show that booklet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I ride with my brights on all the time, even at night, unless I am with another bike.

They told me at the MSF course it is better to be seen and piss some one off because you have bright lights than to not be seen at all.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The one time I didn't have my high beams on during the day some geriatric tried to change lanes into me.

Ditto waht everyone else said, esp. about the HIDs. People just GETTHEFUCKOUTTAMYWAY when I'm cruising down the highway with hi beams on. It's great :twisted:

- M

H

·
0 Posts
PaikyPoo,

i am glad that you like them....

mackdaddy said:
The one time I didn't have my high beams on during the day some geriatric tried to change lanes into me.

Ditto waht everyone else said, esp. about the HIDs. People just GETTHEFUCKOUTTAMYWAY when I'm cruising down the highway with hi beams on. It's great :twisted:
i know what you mean.... i love it when people get out of my way... it is like i am a cop with my lights flashing... :lol2:

·
Registered
362 Posts
moeman said:
misjudgement on behalf of cagers is the biggest problem
they always think that you wont get to the spot or lane
before they do so they attempt to pull in there 20% of the time
and actually pull in there 80% of the time i always use my high beam day or night
the cagers get blinded so what way better then me getting ass packed god forbid as far as cops
so far no cop ever gave me s**t for using my high beam and i had the bike for over a year now got to use all the tools to stay alive :lol2:
+1 !!!, I run my high beams day and night. Countless times iv seen a car start to pull out at night in front of me and then they stop. Had to be the highbeams. They see the bright light and wait till it passes. I get flashed sometimes so ill turn it off until i pass them but i do what i have to to be Noticed all the time, Day and Night!.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On my ride home from work today. It seemd people did not pull into my lane as much, nor did they try coming out of a driveway as close to me as the use to. It was like they made more room for me with my lights on. :)

So thanks for the advice, Havent ridden in 4 years. And slowly getting reacclamated to riding.

Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome Rip:
Forget about the stock high beams if you want to stay safe from cagers. They sometimes see them and sometimes not. If you get the cash, contact HomerJay and get the HIDs. He get them cheaper than you can find anywhere and people will see you for miles even in daylight......and there not that hard to install.... just my 2 cents....
OldDude2

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use them during the day but I try not to use them in stop and go can drain the battery

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
if and when you stop at a redlight turn your high beam off
specailly if the radiator fan starts to spin

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
moeman said:
if and when you stop at a redlight turn your high beam off
specailly if the radiator fan starts to spin
Hey man, Are you guys sure these two issues are related. I ride around with my high beams on all the time too. My fan comes on at 220F every so often but I've never had a problem with this bike. Is it just the fact that the fan draws more voltage from the system so it compunds the problems that other people are having?

Tim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts