Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i realized about 1 week after buying my cbr the way the headlights work, low beam on 1 side, hi beam both are lit, i prefer to ride with the high beam on all the time, for 1 because i like people to see me, but also i think it looks like crap with just 1 lit and the endless amount of people... "hey man, your headlights out" .... is there anyway around this or what have you guys done?... ive been riding with my hi's on.. but just yesterday got beeped at and flipped off becuase of it...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I used to feel the same way. What I did was turn the headlight adjustment screw all the way down so that the highbeam would shine down to match the lowbeam. So far so good. You just won't have a highbeam for lighting distance any more, but oh well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to feel the same way. What I did was turn the headlight adjustment screw all the way down so that the highbeam would shine down to match the lowbeam. So far so good. You just won't have a highbeam for lighting distance any more, but oh well.

hmm that sounds like a good idea, how did you do that?

anyone know why honda did this? i think its kinda funny looking to have 1 side lit and Everyone says.. your headlights out!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

hmm thanks for the tip, might try that.. so frustrating having everyone tell me my headlights out...

anyone know why honda did this?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think Honda should have the headlights set up like a cage, where both headlights are on together then have the highbeams build in beside the lowbeams where you can flip a switch for both highbeams to come on.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Now don't quote me on this. But I heard in the past that with both lights on at night you appear to be a car at a further distance rather than a bike at a closer distance. That's why cars pull out bc they think they can. And that's why sport bikes are more prone to have cars pull out in front of them vs the cruisers running 1 big light.

Although I like the look of both on as well people already suck enough at driving without me shunning my lights in their eyes and I don't want to sacrifice my hi to look cool. Just my 2c.

I know there's threads on how to set up dual headlight if u want to though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i'm running dual HID's atm on my bike,
If you want to run the High's on all the time i suggest that you take off the shoulder piece cupping the far left of the head light;
To do so:
1. Loosen left side mirror mounts so you have some free play
2. Loosen the two fairing alen bolts on the left fairing
3. There should be a small screw/pop rivet thing on the inside corner near the forks closest to the headlight
4. you should be able to pop the side panel off with just those points loosened (just be careful as there are heads of little tabs etc connected to that piece.
5. there should be a little screw on the top left of the back of the high beam headlight. turn that anti clockwise to adjust the headlight down.
6. reverse the steps and you're done.
(suggest you put your bike up on a stand so you can align the light streams easier)

let me know is if you want some pics and i'll show you how its done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now don't quote me on this. But I heard in the past that with both lights on at night you appear to be a car at a further distance rather than a bike at a closer distance. That's why cars pull out bc they think they can. And that's why sport bikes are more prone to have cars pull out in front of them vs the cruisers running 1 big light.

Although I like the look of both on as well people already suck enough at driving without me shunning my lights in their eyes and I don't want to sacrifice my hi to look cool. Just my 2c.

I know there's threads on how to set up dual headlight if u want to though.
honestly, everytime I see a car that even has the potential to pull out in front of me, I immediately go into 100% cautious mode... looking for every possible escape route just in case the person does... i would never rely on my lights, even high beams for being visible to idiot drivers... i ride my bike as if im invisible and I assume that every car will cut me off or pull out in front of me..

but anyway, i agree, I HATEEEEE the 1 headlight thing... so my next mod will be changing that out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.