Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my headlights will go out. The head light will sometimes come on before I start the bike and then shut off or they will just not come on at all before or after I start it. I found out once my bike is already running and I hit the starter again, my light will come on. weird. :tard: Any ideas?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Check the headlight main harness its probably loose

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds like a relay problem to me.

Try the search button, somebody's probably had this problem too.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lil' Red...

You running HIDs?
Nah, just OEM head lights. I do have a CA taillight though that I just installed. How could it be a loose wiring harness when I push the start button once its already running and then they work? Where is the head light relay located?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Lil Red
Its normal for the headlights to come on when you turn the key on
then shut off when you hit the start button then stay 100% on
when the engine is running

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah, that's odd. I have a similar problem; sometimes my headlight will go on and sometimes it won't. it's:supergay:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lil Red
Its normal for the headlights to come on when you turn the key on
then shut off when you hit the start button then stay 100% on
when the engine is running
No, they won't come on when the key is on or the bike is running.

When the bike running (and no headlights), I can hit the start button (remember bike is already running) and then the headlights will come on. It's really weird. I have never heard anything like this.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
No, they won't come on when the key is on or the bike is running.

When the bike running (and no headlights), I can hit the start button (remember bike is already running) and then the headlights will come on. It's really weird. I have never heard anything like this.
Oh i got you know like knight suggested :icon_stud check out
the head light relay :toothy4:

·
Registered
244 Posts
My service manual shows the relay being right behind the light in the fairing, but the manual is for '03-'06 and some stuff from '03-'04 is different than from '05-'06. Moe's harness suggestion makes sense and could also cause this.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, I have no idea what this looks like so I am assuming it would be ok if I made sure everything was plugged in under the left fairing. But how would pushing the start button again jump the headlight if its loose?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to go see if the head light would come on and it did half the time (I tried four times) the two times it didn't - once the bike was started I pushed the starter again, the light came one - it shut off once time after I did this. The battery also died... I only started it four times, I didn't have it in the on position not for more a than a second to let the bike do its thing before I started. Do you guys think it could be the battery? I had it load tested when I took it in for the 4k service. Because before that I had problems so I had them test it and they said it was good. Any ideas, this is starting to worry me.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Would not hurt to get the battery tested again
but you got to also bare in mind that if you test
any electronics on your bike without the engine running
it wont take long to kill the battery

As far as the headlights an internal loose wire at
the kill switch can be the reason for their misfunction
Other members have had headlight problems and a good
% happened because of the kill switch

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would it make a difference if I installed my CA taillight. But I did this a few days before I had problems with my headlight. When I did my CA I just plugged the CA wires into the stock bike connectors and taped it up. I hate electrical crap, to many variables, it pisses me off.:banghead:

K

·
0 Posts
Would it make a difference if I installed my CA taillight. But I did this a few days before I had problems with my headlight. When I did my CA I just plugged the CA wires into the stock bike connectors and taped it up. I hate electrical crap, to many variables, it pisses me off.:banghead:
it shouldn't make a difference... so long as the replacemnt lamps draw the same amount of amperage as the old ones, it should work. but these CA replacement lights are foreign to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts