Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Would ever use a HUD on your helmet?

• Yes I would pay 100.00-250.00

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Yes I would Pay 250.00-350.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No It would be too distracting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would buy one only if the reviews were good.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, I have no need for it.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here would be interested in a HUD (Heads Up Display) on the inside of your visor? This clear panel on your visor would be install-able on any helmet. The power source would be a battery that could be tucked behind one of your pads and when its time to recharge you could use a dongle or just remove the battery and charge it.

It would display current speed, lean angle (no more looking at tires after your ride), how many G's you are pulling and maybe some other things (GPS direction turns- A little arrow could pop up for left or right. This could be a stand alone system (More Expensive) or it could connect Blue Tooth to your smart phone via an app.
Do you think this would be too distracting while at the track or even for daily driving? How much would you pay? I'm currently in the process of making one myself! And if I get enough feed back I think I could make them cheap enough to be attractive.

Let me know what you guys think .

·
Registered
932 Posts
google eye is one

iv had this idea for a long time too. they use it for steath figher jets in the navy. it projects it on the cockpits glass and gives them visual maps, lock ons ect.

its nothing new been around for a long time. even in sunglasses.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm interested in the concept but the biggest hurdle with this method imo is the optics. Having to focus your eyes on a display that close means the rider loses focus of the road and may also cause eye strain. Other threads on this topic discuss the pros and cons of various implementations which might be worth reading if you haven't considered them already. I'd love to see a demo of your creation though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts