Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

heat and ignition

1K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  stex 
#1 ·
so in the morning my bike starts perfect 04 i have.

but when i ride and the temp goes up to 220 or above and i shut it off and try tu turn it back on it feels as if the battery is dead, and the odometer on the trps on the gague resets. and i need to push start it. but when the bike is rly hot and i leave it out for 20 minutes to cool down to 180 or so it starts as if there is no problem, i checked the battery today at the shop and it is in perfect condition... anyone knows what this could be>?

#3 ·
this odly seems to be the answer to the othe r293847283 threads asking the same thing, so i agree!

:)

#4 ·
Starter.. Same thing happened on my track bike.. The brushes are getting hot and causes hard/no start after the bike is warm. T

#14 ·
Yes. Trust me, I have gone through this. You will hurt your head thinking it's something else. It's the starter. Get a new one or rebuild it.. I spent an entire day going through wiring to see if it could be anything else. Just the starter and it works great ever since. T

#16 ·
If you have a socket and ratchet with extensions you can do the swap. Very easy.

#17 ·
actually i just flipped my tank and got lost

so im gonna take the bike to the shop as is with no gastank cover and the remainder of plastics and have them do it asap :D wouldnt rly want to screw something up

#19 ·
i dont have tools that i need it i go to homedepot i can do it (i think) anyone got a write up how to take it off and exactly what id need to do?

i just dont want to do anything with out doing some research prior :D

#22 ·
Cheap set of sockets and a cheap set of spanners will see you through most things you could want to do to her...

Starter motor removal is fairly straight forward, just unplug the battery and then follow your service manual - you don't actually have to remove the thermostat housing or rad pipe to get at it though either....

#23 ·
ow damn this is not happening i looked trough the manual and thing is sooooooo confusing (for me at least) i would do it with someone but alone hell no :D

just not rly good ayt it not gonna lie :D minor repairs no problem something major like this im not doing alone :D

anyone wanna come by help :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.