Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of heat coming from the left mid fairing, after 1.5 hours of riding I got a blister on the inside of my calf. The operating temperatures are normal, around 106 Celsius when stopped in traffic and 80 when cruising. What do you recommend I do?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
whats on the insidew immediatly behind the fairing. i think there is a water pipe running there so it could be steam, or the pipe may be pressing against the fairing?

look for marks on the fairing

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
There is a lot of heat coming from the left mid fairing, after 1.5 hours of riding I got a blister on the inside of my calf. The operating temperatures are normal, around 106 Celsius when stopped in traffic and 80 when cruising. What do you recommend I do?
Was this something that suddenly changed?

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Strange that it's on the left. Usually your right leg will be hotter due to the exhaust pipe. Especially considering the 09+ have the extra fairing keeping you from getting in contact with any coolant hoses. Only thing I can think of is the air escaping the vents on the lowers are getting pin pointed towards your leg. But these bikes have been out for a while and this is the first time I've heard of someone complaining about it.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Could it be the battery rectifier? Alternator maybe?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
It's just the way the air flows there is nothing on leg side tha gets that hot

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry guys, lost hope after I didnt find any recommendations other than clx's.

Problem with the multiquote button, so bear with me.

tenjin: It's just the way the air flows there is nothing on leg side tha gets that hot. So what are you saying?

Minx: Could it be the battery rectifier? Alternator maybe? I have no idea, I didnt notice anything weird with startup or operation and it is a 2011 also.

sincalirider: Strange that it's on the left. Usually your right leg will be hotter due to the exhaust pipe. Especially considering the 09+ have the extra fairing keeping you from getting in contact with any coolant hoses. Only thing I can think of is the air escaping the vents on the lowers are getting pin pointed towards your leg. But these bikes have been out for a while and this is the first time I've heard of someone complaining about it. That is disconcerting, I did get a blister from an hours ride, but lately I have been mostly practicing cornering (left handed) so my leg is rarely making contact with the fairing, but the left side has always been hotter. Never had any trouble with the right side.

TheX: Was this something that suddenly changed? Not really, I noticed the left was hotter than the right and lately it has been uncomfortable.

murphdog1411: what for pants? is your leg touching something while riding? Just some tough jeans and leg wasnt touching anything, just the fairing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey did you ever figure out what was going on with your bike? My 05 gets super hot on the left side, like hot enough to burn me after half an hour ride. I don't touch anything and it runs at normal temp. Sounds like the same problem you had.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts