Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i rode in the city (NYC) and got stuck in trafic (no lanesplitting possible cars taht close to one another) and my bike got to some 245 degrees.. is this ok or not is there some coolant i can put in to reduce this temp?
when i get to highway it goes back to normal tem of 179-180 ...
tnx :ciao:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
yeah its normal for stop and go traffic, whatever you do dont turn it off when its that hot. try engine ice or water wetter. read and abide by the instructions of whatever you chose to get. you can always change the fan blade to a muzzy, or add another fan on the other side of the radiator.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how complicated is the fan process? installing another one or a bigger one...

and that engine ice i herd about gonna probb go with it :)

its just annoing its 80 outside, and 240 between my legs.. so pisses me off :(

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aahahah i do u dont understand. a gas tank a day :) its been soo nice around here (just hate the FDR drive)

u need to come here soon cuz im out the country on 15th ... and we all need to ride somewhere...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahahah even tho im a diplomat i dont do stupid stuff a wheelie here and there besides that thats it... and nah im going home for the summer :) where an 09 R1 awaits... cant fckin wait

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Montenegro (Eastern europe, Ex Yugoslavia)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
the extra fan isnt hard to do. just look for one thats for your bike and put it on the other side of the radiator. i would run it off its own power source though with a switch.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Balki is leaving Larry.... It shall be a sad day :pals: :fyou:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
240? My bike never got that hot before. Even in a Cali summer with it 100+ outside my bike only got to 228 at the most, but the fan brought it back down to 220ish

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe it's time for a coolant change. Manual says to change it every 2 yrs. After I changed mine with Honda Hp the highest it would go was 221 stopped at light and 165- 170 highway.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe it's time for a coolant change. Manual says to change it every 2 yrs. After I changed mine with Honda Hp the highest it would go was 221 stopped at light and 165- 170 highway.
yep im thinking of changing the coolant today, gonna c if i can find the engine ice one :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
240? My bike never got that hot before. Even in a Cali summer with it 100+ outside my bike only got to 228 at the most, but the fan brought it back down to 220ish
I was going to say the same thing. I've noticed that my fan kicks in around 224 and will bring the temp down at least 15 - 20 degrees.

Ensure your coolant is "silicate" free.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah its normal for stop and go traffic, whatever you do dont turn it off when its that hot. try engine ice or water wetter. read and abide by the instructions of whatever you chose to get. you can always change the fan blade to a muzzy, or add another fan on the other side of the radiator.

245 is not normal in traffic. my bike has never gone over 225 on the hottest day. I would change your coolant.
Also, why in the world would you not to your bike off when its that hot???? are you insane:retard:? I would have shut my bike down when it reached 227-230.

And, if you live in New York the water wetter is great but, you will have to drain it and replace it with normal coolant ...if you dont it will freeze in the cold temp.( after riding season)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts