Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally put the bike back together after the crash a few weeks back.

After taking it around the neighborhood I deemed it road ready and rode over to my brother's house. On the way here I noticed a good amount heat coming from the engine. I didn't pay any notice to it as I was moving rather rapidly.

After a while I went for another ride on some back roads near his house and that's when I noticed my temp gauge was reading like 190F. By the time I got to his house I it was over 200F.

Ok, does anyone know what the average running temp is supposed to be?

I didn't put any coolant in the bike after putting it all back together as I didn't think I would need it. Funny thing is that the cooling fan didn't even come on.

Should I be concerned? I'm really worried...I don't have my manual so I don't know where the resevoir is on the bike. Will I have to remove the L. Side fairing to get to it?

I don't want to ride it home like this, unless I know it's safe to.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i think the fan comes on at 206F, and considering it is summer, the temp should run a little higher, 190 - 200 is normal

·
Registered
117 Posts
here is what i usually see:
175-195 - normal open roads
196-220- normal traffic stop and go situations
22? or 23? the fan will come on because you should stop to prevent overheating if it reaches like 245 or something.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wel i looked into it since my bike did the same thing....

when I picked it up from the dealer after some work....

Fan comes on at 223F to keep it at 225 degrees while stopped at a traffic light...

My running temp is around 175...on highway rapid moving situations...

Stop and go I hit about 200-210....

Turn bike off before it hits 240 ...
Red light meaning danger will come on at 250...

My bike had no water in the radiator thats why it hit 245 once...when I first picked it up...

Check that...while your at it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
My fan comes on at exactly 220, everytime. I just got back from a romp through the twistys and it stayed around 180-195 through the desert. Stop in go traffic the highest ive seen it hit is 233. These temps are normal. I would be worried if it got to 240 though; time to shut it down and let it cool.

-2cent worth

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
222 or so is when the fan kicks in..

when you are riding around 60-70 it will run normal temp (177) if you are going kinda slow in traffic it will be around 200 degrees or so..

stopped at lights it shouldnt get over 230...

shut it off when at 240

·
Registered
36 Posts
The (res) is on the right side if your sitting on the bike and yes you have to pull the middle fairing to check it. Did you look at the coolant level when the plastic was off? It's not that hard to do and may give you piece of mind if you check it...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OldDude2 said:
The (res) is on the right side if your sitting on the bike and yes you have to pull the middle fairing to check it. Did you look at the coolant level when the plastic was off? It's not that hard to do and may give you piece of mind if you check it...
Yeah, I looked at my manual as soon as I got home from by brother's house so I was able to find the res.
Coolant level looked good. I think I was supposed to check it with the bike running at normal temp though, I checked it after I had shut it off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fans kick in at 220F for me, too.

K

·
0 Posts
220 Fan here I live in AZ fan all summer long, very hot ride yesterday 103 ugh summer is here already.

West Coast = Store bike summer project time
East Coast = Store bike winter project time

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
My bike temperatures

Open Road - 80ºC - 84ºC / 170ºF - 183F

Fan kicks around 104ºC / 219ºF

I had one 600rr 03 and now have one 600rr 04. The running temps seems to be very similirar between them. The only diference on my bikes is that the 04 has catalitic system.
Hope it helps. I live in Portugal and the temperantures during the riding season go around 25ºc and 40ºc (77ºF and 104ºF)

·
Registered
526 Posts
i saw 228f yesterday, stoplights suck

·
Registered
526 Posts
at what temp. does it really overheat, anyone ever overheated

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
i believe a red light comes on around 240 or so.. and actual overheat is at 250...

either way dont push it.. turn the bike off at high 230's...

ive seen 230 and that is about it.. it was no wind, real high humidity, stopped in traffic and temp was around 95 degrees outside...

one of those cant get any worse days...

·
Registered
41 Posts
i dont know, i just add a little bit more coolant to my bike today, I get 225F today at stop and go traffic. I am kind of scare too. Will see how it go tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts