Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, yet ANOTHER won't start thread. Anyways, I have an 05 600rr. The last few times that I rode it before this winter, it acted kinda "sluggish" to start. You know, the slow turn over a few times and then finally starting. Well, I normally go out about once every week or so to start it during the winter and let it run just to keep a charge on the battery. I did so this winter up until a few weeks ago. I went out, and, the lights all turned on, fuel pump purged, and all that happened when I hit the starter button was the lights went off. Not even a "CLICK". After reading around, I figured since the battery is close to 3 years old, that's the issue. But, I bought a charger first and charged it over night. Took it out to the bike, re-installed it, and the SAME THING!
At that point I was SURE it must be a bad battery. That was until tonight. I just wanted to get it running so I tried "bump" starting it. after 3 or 4 tries with it NOT working, I was tired and gave up. I pushed it back into the garage and the key was still on. Here's where it gets confusing......I accidently bumped the started button, and BOOM! Fired right up!? WTF? What is the problem do you think? Please help! I just don't want to get stranded now that it is working. I shut it off and started it back up without any issues too by the way! Thanks for ANY help!!!!!!!!!!

K

·
0 Posts
hmm...

hit and miss starting. sounds like an electrical connection needs to be refreshed. If the engine did start the bike without trouble, it's not the battery.

do your bike a favor though. stop starting the bike in the winter. you're killing it. If you're not riding, don't start it. take the battery out, and leave the bike alone.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
maybe u should check the fuses?
the metal ends on the fuses might be a bit dirty and have a bad contact point...
just pull em out one by one...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the more I think about it, the more I think maybe a grounding issue. Does anyone know where the ground/'s for the battery attach?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts