Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. My name is Dan and I'm the proud owner of an 07 600RR. I'm an EOD tech in the U.S. Air Force and am currently deployed to Afghanistan. Anyway just found my way to the site and was excited to join!
Ill try and get some pictures up once I figure out how to link them with my photobucket!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wsup Dan, My name is patrick. Im in kabul, where are u congrats on the 07 i have one as well, a repsol replica!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hello, Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. My name is Dan and I'm the proud owner of an 07 600RR. I'm an EOD tech in the U.S. Air Force and am currently deployed to Afghanistan. Anyway just found my way to the site and was excited to join!
Ill try and get some pictures up once I figure out how to link them with my photobucket!
You took you cbr to Afghanistan ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I have pictures of my bike on my laptop, what I was referring to is trying to get them onto one of the MWR computers to upload them lol. Anyways I'm deployed to the Helmand Province area and have 3 months left in this tour. Luckily I will still have plenty of time to enjoy riding when I get back to the states in mid July! I laid her down pretty hard last fall right before I deployed and since Ive been here I have ordered everything I need to get her back to 100%, and now I'm dying to get home and get back on her again!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
welcome to the site and thank you for defending our freedom.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey man welcome to the forum! I'll be back in the states at around the same time, I can't wait!
You guys don't have Sniperhill up there? I don't think we even have MWR computers on this base...

·
Registered
116 Posts
SniperHill sucks, i had a bunch of guys get their card numbers stolen from it. And i started to get all kinds of strange emails with farce, or arabic writing on em. Found out that the guy who ran it on the base i was at lived in Nasariyah, which, is not one of the better places to have your card numbers going to.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, that and they charge $77/mo for 96k which IMO in itself is worth killing someone over. It's all we have though. It goes down all the time too, sometimes for days on end, no refunds are ever given. I gotta tell you, if we had free high speed wifi like in Al Udeid this deployment would be a whole lot easier. Then again, the pool they have down there sounds nice too... No days off since November... Gets me a bit tense. Should've joined the airforce.

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeah, the deid is money. they have an indoor shopping center with a fountain in it. too bad they took all the writing out of the tent you go through before you head to the sandbox, that was awesome. Plus the af mostls does 3 month deployments. however i do like being deployed, its kinda nice to get away from the everyday grind back here in the states. plus you get the beer ration cards there too, and airforce women folk, best in the branches imo.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah you're tellin me. I spent 3 days in the deid waiting for a C-130 up here. That was the best 3 days of this whole deployment by far. Getting away from the usual grind? I do the same thing back home as I do out here, minus about 20hrs a week of work. Where were you at? I spent some time in Kuwait too, just 24hrs, but it seemed like a real craptacular place to be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts