Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just purchased an '05 600RR from a forum member, The Power Of Dreams. I haven't been on a bike in almost 8 years so it'll take a little bit to get back in the groove. But I already feel very comfortable after only riding twice now.
My first bike was a '94 Kaw ZX6 which was a nice bike but nothing compared to these newer 600s. A lot of people said that this isn't a good "re-entry" bike, but I'm glad I decided to get it. My ZX6 was the first motorcycle I ever rode and that didn't take long to get comfortable.
I'm a very busy guy so I don't get to ride too often, but I enjoy every possible moment. I just turned 30 the day after Eric dropped the bike off to me, and I feel at least a little younger when riding! :) I work two jobs plus have a wife and two wonderful kids, so ride time is limited. I'll mostly ride to and from work which is 25 miles one way through some twisties near my house, so at least it's a nice ride.
I attached a pic (hope it works) of my new machine next to my old machine that was sold to help with the purchase of the 600RR. I still need to get some better pics.
The bike has just a few mods: Carrozzarria rims, Gilles rear sets, 520 conversion, Honda rear cowl, handlebar knock-offs, plus some others that I know I'm forgetting right now. I only plan to add a slip-on exhaust, but that won't happen anytime soon as it's quite perfect the way she sits now. The mirrors and turn signals were all deleted, but I want to add those back on very soon. I didn't feel too cozy not knowing what's behind me.
I'm not a stunter, I just love to get up on two wheels and ride. The craziest I get is laying the hammer down from a stop, and soon I'll be getting my knees a little further down.
Obviously I love DSMs too. I have been involved with them since the mid 90s. My wife and I had 5 at one time but are now down to 3, one of which is a parts car that I hope to build as a drag car someday. The one in the pic was my 11 second baby but I decided to sell it to pay off bills, plus I just didn't get to spend the time I wanted to with it. It was sold to a buddy of mine so I'll get to see it every now and then. <--Not too sure if that's a good thing or not.

Cody

Attachments

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
YOU got yourself a sweet heart in the form of an RR
congrts on the purchase let me warn you this site is very addictive
i am sure power of dreams told you so already
welcome to your new RR family

·
Knee Dragger & Site Sponsor
371 Posts
congrats on the bike. i know the guy that sold you the bike and it looks damn good as performance. welcome to the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
sandmanRR said:
congrats on the bike. i know the guy that sold you the bike and it looks damn good as performance. welcome to the site.
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! ;)

Yea, I met Power of Dreams when I first went to look at the bike. He seemed to really love the bike and it was obvious how well he took care of it. I had intended to spend not more than $5K and it had to be on an older R6, then I saw the 600RR at his house and fell in love with it. I ended up spending a little more than I wanted but I got a much newer/low mileage bike and it was more than worth it.

Here's a few more pics I took the other day after her first bath under my ownership.

·
Knee Dragger & Site Sponsor
371 Posts
i moved from bentonville to reno, nv the first of the year. but im moving back the this june. im gettin my job back at heartland honda. drop me a line on here if you ever want to go riding also.

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Welcome dsm600rr :hello: I've always loved the silver 600rr's. She's pretty!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts