Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Hello from Japan (I'm not Japanese tho)

765 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Bentaro 
#1 ·
What's up guys,

I'm a Brit who has lived in Japan for 11 years now and have recently become a 2003/4 CBR600RR owner. It's my first 600 for almost 20 years. I'm in a love/hate relationship with it. Got a few questions for you guys, and would like to share some videos and pictures...

Anyway, for now here is a picture of my bike kinda Before and After. I got it in September, and finally got it registered and inspection a week ago.

Hope you like the old girl

Now

See less See more
#4 ·
Hmm...

Love is;
Love how it looks, handles, and brakes
Spent numerous hours fixing it up, so it feels like it's mine..

Hate;
Kinda my fault for buying a 600, but..Lack of torque
Actual size of the bike...I'm a bit too tall for it. Elbows touching knees while cornering etc.

#5 ·
Too tall?
OE controls are unadjustable and incredibly heavy.....look for aftermarket rearsets and a set of clip ons.
These 2 items allow us taller (i'm 6'0") riders to create some more space on the bike.
I use Woodcraft/CFM, Vortex makes nice stuff also.....not to mention all the Japanese stuff you've access to.

#6 ·
I fitted rear sets as soon as I got the bike as it had been dropped on both sides. That's helped a bit with my seating position. I also ordered a set of 1" ride clip-ons which haven't arrived yet, but hoping they'll help a bit. Got a few more parts to fit to make it all a bit more comfortable, and after that I'll think about whether or not to keep it, or go back to my supermoto/naked bike roots haha. Now I've got a pain in the ass misfire to fix too...

Just early day teething troubles

#9 · (Edited)
Yes, the motor is not good at tq at low rpm. My 09 is same, not much power under 7k rpm....wouldn't call it gutless but there's a marked change as the rpm's climb above 7k....

There's a thread or 2 on de restricting a Japanese CBR OTF, the threads are probably 5+ years old, poster had good info. IIRC he replaced Japanese ecu with US and also removed air restriction...

Can you find a tuning/dyno shop that will work with you?

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Nice CBR. I love the white fairings.
Just let me remind you to invest in some good theft protection. My 2008 model was stolen 2 weeks ago from my home in Saitama. They also took my wife's Gixxer. They come at night with a mini van or kei-truck and hydraulic cutters for the chain locks. They are silent and leave no evidence.
It's sad but true. I know a lot of people who had their bikes stolen within the last year or two.

Take care!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.