Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a buddy of mine with an '05 cbr600 f4i that he is willing to sell me for $2000.00.
This will be my first bike that i have ever owned myself but i have been riding for about a year and a half now.
My question to you guys is do you think that $2000. is a good price for this bike?
it has 42000 miles on it...and ive heard thats a lot of miles for a bike...but ive done some research on these forums and found one guy that has 159000 miles on his f4i.
the bike has never been laid down or anything. it has a new chain, new tires, and a brand new clutch in it. there is nothing wrong with it at all.
maybe you guys could point me to a website that would show values of motorcycles since the only thing i have found is kbb.com which only gives values for a general amount of miles.
oh...and the bike is silver and its bone stock except for a fender eliminator.

thanks in advance and any and all input is much appreciated!

·
Registered
376 Posts
ive got a buddy of mine with an '05 cbr600 f4i that he is willing to sell me for $2000.00.
This will be my first bike that i have ever owned myself but i have been riding for about a year and a half now.
My question to you guys is do you think that $2000. is a good price for this bike?
it has 42000 miles on it...and ive heard thats a lot of miles for a bike...but ive done some research on these forums and found one guy that has 159000 miles on his f4i.
the bike has never been laid down or anything. it has a new chain, new tires, and a brand new clutch in it. there is nothing wrong with it at all.
maybe you guys could point me to a website that would show values of motorcycles since the only thing i have found is kbb.com which only gives values for a general amount of miles.
oh...and the bike is silver and its bone stock except for a fender eliminator.

thanks in advance and any and all input is much appreciated!
The street value on that bike is around $3,000 with low miles and no damage on the bike, so you are getting a fair deal. Since he is your buddy and he told you the history on the bike, I would say go ahead and buy the bike if it is clean title with that many miles. I have owned high mileage Honda motorcycles before and yes they run practically forever but there will be more maintenance issues with higher mileage bikes in my opinion. One thing I recommend is going to a certified MSF course if you have not already done so.

Good Luck :shakehand

·
Registered
188 Posts
totally worth it, as long as there aren't any major mechanical/maintenance issues with the bike. i'd be wary if the chain was stretched out, sprockets worn out, fork seals leaking, etc. since it's all a lot of work but if it's in good overall condition, it's a steal and a great bike to learn on. the riding position is much less aggressive and you'll probably find it's easier to learn how to go fast on that than an RR. it'll also be cheaper to fix if you crash it. I wouldn't worry about the mileage. The engines are pretty bulletproof, as long as it's had proper oil changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks for your input guys! yeah all major maitenence was just done less than 1000 miles ago. including new sprockets. there is no leaking of the fork seals or anything...and thankfully its been owned by my friends dad who has been riding bikes for like 20 years .
anyone know of an actual website better than kbb.com that would point me in the right direction as far as bike prices go?

·
Registered
128 Posts
id buy it... great bike and good price... and just like baypistolman72 said hes your friend and he knows the history of the bike and thats always a good thing

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
42000 is only a lot of miles because most squids crash them before then f4i will go way over 100,000 without a hiccup, trust.

Haha well put. I bet if i wheelie everywhere, go fast in traffic, and ride in a sleeveless shirt trying to impress all the under age girls i see my engine will last 75% less then if i were to be responsible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts