Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! So just picked up my 6th bike a few days ago. I purchased one of those new Aprilia RS660s back in February and had non stop issues between the fuel gauge not working, 3 software updates and replacing the exhaust valves. So I decided to trade it in for a 2021 CBR600RR to save my self from continuous headaches. Glad to be back on a Honda.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow, so many issues so soon on the Ape? That's really unfortunate but welcome back to the more reliable side of things.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yeah the CBR may not have all the fancy doo-dads of the other bikes, but it does have stone axe reliability and looks damn sexy too! Congrats.

Reactions: 498cm3

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,965 Posts
aprilia is the #1 motorcycle manufacturer when it comes to producing buyer's remorse from their customers. if that were a metric it wouldn't even be a close race.

·
Registered
19 Posts
aprilia is the #1 motorcycle manufacturer when it comes to producing buyer's remorse from their customers. if that were a metric it wouldn't even be a close race.
My vote for buyer's remorse production is MV Agusta. "Motorcycle Art" - yeah right. It better be art because it is worthless sitting all summer waiting for parts to arrive from Italy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which one did you have, how new>?

i was eyeing one up, an F3
Don't do it :confused: Unless you have a secondary bike you can ride. I was looking into those F3's before the Aprilia and stayed away from them. They seemed to have the same maintenance issues with continuous software updates and sitting in dealers for weeks at a time before being serviced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
which one did you have, how new>?

i was eyeing one up, an F3
I had a brand new 2010 F4. So many things went wrong the first year that I realized a good strategy to utilize if you MUST buy an Italian bike. I recommend finding the bike you want used with less than 5,000 miles on it and verify that a good shop (or a good dealership) fixed everything under warranty. Then, even without warranty you might be okay for awhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts