Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just giving everyone the heads up.

On April 21st 2006 I took the oath of enlistment and became part of the United States Marine Corps.

I have chosen the Avation Mechanics field; and will hopefully be working in the rotary wing area possibly with CH-53E Super Stallion's or the AH-1 Cobra's or the UH-1Y Huey's. Most likely in the power plant area, or avionics.

I choose the Marine Corps because they represent everything that the United States of America stands for. I am very much a believer in Honor, respect and courage. What it takes to wake up every day and tackle any obsitcle that you may face.

My current ship date for bootcamp at Camp Pendleton in San Diego, CA is May 8th 2006. It may change but thats what we are all planning on.

I look to serve my great nation in any way i can. The Marines is giving me that channel to do so and I accept the challenge put before me and will give it 110%!

Thank you for all your time in reading this.

Wish me much luck in Basic and I will update you all when I come home.

Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful

fendiecbr

Semper Fidelis

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
ahhhhhh i remember when i was so young and naive!!! j/k bro, congrats!! you are going to meet some of the best friends you will ever have in the next few years. good luck in boot camp, its not as bad as you might think. im a Marine also but i am on my way out after 7 years. im a scout sniper on Camp Lejeune. best advice i can offer is to try and stay as far away from Camp Lejeune as possible!!! im sure others on here will agree with me on that one!!!! congrats again!!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
fendiecbr said:
On April 21st 2006 I took the oath of enlistment and became part of the United States Marine Corps.
I know you mean well with your post and I don't mean to be harsh BUT please, dont consider yourself part of the Marine Corps in any way, shape, or form. You have not stepped foot in bootcamp (not "basic") and even then you'll just be a Recruit. You have to earn whats so precious to us current and former Marines. Every single Marine has earned the title with BLOOD, SWEAT, and TEARS and believe me, its feels sooooo good when you get the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor atop that mountain. You feel invincible, king of the world, like Superman (at least I did)

Anyway, my rant is over, Good Luck in bootcamp.

Honor-Courage-Commitment

SemperFi.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
///nando1 said:
I know you mean well with your post and I don't mean to be harsh BUT please, dont consider yourself part of the Marine Corps in any way, shape, or form. You have not stepped foot in bootcamp (not "basic") and even then you'll just be a Recruit. You have to earn whats so precious to us current and former Marines. Every single Marine has earned the title with BLOOD, SWEAT, and TEARS and believe me, its feels sooooo good when you get the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor atop that mountain. You feel invincible, king of the world, like Superman (at least I did)

Anyway, my rant is over, Good Luck in bootcamp.

Honor-Courage-Commitment

SemperFi.
Thanks man.

I COMPLETELY understand the part about; " your not a Marine until you get your eagle/globe/anchor ". No confusion.

But i guess technicly, i did enter into the Delayed Entry program, and become part of the Reserves until i actually ship.

Either way you look at it, i am proud to defend and serve my country and will gladly battle my way through boot camp shedding the nessicary bodily fluids in order to earn the title " Marine ".

Take care.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Congrats bro, good luck in Bootcamp, just play the game and don't take anything to heart. Everything has a reason. sitting Indian style has a reason as well as forearms paralell to the deck while carrying your chow tray. You'll know what I mean. Keep that good attitude and you will have no problem getting through Marine Corps bootcamp.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Semper Fi yo! Marines are HAWT!!!

Thanks for being apart of what protects America!

·
Registered
772 Posts
You motivate the hell out of me fendiecbr...keep the attitude you have. there will be times when you look back on your decision and think, "what the f#ck was i thinking" but it's a job...no...a lifestyle that very few are willing to accept. you're going to have a blast at boot camp. good luck bro.

yo nando...guess what i heard from my young Devil Dogs...they don't get the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on top of the Reaper anymore. mothers of America cried that they wanted to be a part of this special moment so now they get it on visitors Thursday or some trash like that.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
hahaha jus kidding.

its definitely gonna be an experience for you. youll either like the lifestyle or you wont.
its not for everyone. thats what makes it better!!

and with the attitude youre portraying.....itll be good for you.
i wont lie....itll suck for you first couple years.
but just keep your head up and stay motivated....no doubt.

well from what you described.....youll be swinging with the wing.
its not bad. lot of work in the avionics field for all the rotary wing or any maintenance job in the wing for that matter.

my advice....use your brain like a sponge and soak every bit of knowledge you can.
ive been in the avionics field on Hueys/Cobras for 8+ yrs now.
so if you got any questions about the MOS....
jus ask me and i will try to help you out in any way i can.

with that said.....goodluck in bootcamp and with your future MOS schooling.

here's a vid of cobras in action from another thread on here......
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=627415#post627415

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
simplepinoy said:
another one bites the dust huh? he's a grown man...he says he knows what he's doing. shoulda gone ground side though.
yah he's grown.
hmmmmmm....wonder why he chose or got the wing side MOS?? ground side is fun though.
too bad i couldnt experience that. oh wells.

·
Registered
346 Posts
fendiecbr said:
...will hopefully be working in the rotary wing area possibly with CH-53E Super Stallion's or the AH-1 Cobra's or the UH-1Y Huey's.
I see how it is... no love for the Phrog, eh? Just busting your balls, man. Congrats on joining the finest fighting force in the world. Semper Fi

"The man who will go where his colors will go, without asking, who will fight a phantom foe in a jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to Democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. His pride is his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face, and his obedience is to his orders. As a legionary, he held the gates of civilization for the classical world...he has been called United States Marine."
Lieutenant Colonel T.R. Fehrenbach, US Army in This Kind of War

·
Registered
68 Posts
wingers... grrr... fkn loosers... jk... hey if you wana do it go ahead... i just got out in august, i did hard time on the ground side for 4 years... all i got to say is plan on going to iraq at least twice...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best of luck to you. Boot camp is not that bad. like these guys said the first couple of years will suck but stay motivated. the more rank you get the better it will be. the life isn't for everybody but when you get out if you decide to you will have respect from everybody. semper fi.

·
Registered
70 Posts
IMO I feel when you join earlier its actually a little easier to deal with. I joined the Marine Corps when I was 18 and didnt have any life experience so when the Drill Instructors would chew my ass out and thrash me on the quarter deck, it was bearable. And I saw the older recruits having a lot of problems being told what to do and how to do it. I loved my time in and I dont think there is anything like it in the world. There are only positive outcomes from your decision. Use the Marine Corps for everything you can because trust me, they will use you for every bit of sweat they can get out of you. I love the Marine Corps and would go back in a heartbeat, the friends you meet are irreplaceable, thats the thing you miss most when you get out.

Alright fellas im getting choked up here

Do your best and do it as fast as you can.

Semper Fi

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
People like you that make me glad to be a proud American! Your patriotism and sacrifice should be an example for all! Always have honor!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts