Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I just joined the board this morning after reading all the great information that you guys and gals have been posting. I just got a 2006 CBR600rr on Saturday. This is the first Japanese bike I have ever owned. I have a Ducati 748 and had Ducati 916 which I just sold. I always thought the Ducati’s are amazing machines so I did not really look at anything else in the market. I have been riding my Ducati 748 for 6 years now and it’s been a great experience aside from all the money I had to spend on it IE services, Mods. Anyway My wife rides with me and she really liked the Honda CBR so we went to a local dealer got a very nice deal on the bike and went home with it on Saturday. I have to say I’m blown away. The bike is amazing! Very smooth, outstanding braking, the suspension is just perfect out of the box. I’m really amazed and honestly extremely surprised. My wife rode it into work this morning because we are trying to rack up the miles on it so I can see what the 15K red line feels. This whole weekend riding I had to say under 6000rpm for break in and it’s killing me. Honda I have to say has a lot of respect from me. They built a amazing machine and I’m really happy that I bought one. Looking forward to meeting people on this board and ridding.

·
Registered
583 Posts
welcome to the site. and glad to hear that ur happy with the 600. and i must say that i'm surprised to hear those comments from u since ur owned a duc and most of us hear wishes they can own one. yea that break in period sucks but it will be over soon enough.

·
Registered
799 Posts
welcome, and glad to hear you like the RR. Ducs are nice too.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ducatirider said:
I always thought the Ducati’s are amazing machines so I did not really look at anything else in the market.
lol...sorry, but that made me laugh.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06red600 said:
welcome to the site. and glad to hear that ur happy with the 600. and i must say that i'm surprised to hear those comments from u since ur owned a duc and most of us hear wishes they can own one. yea that break in period sucks but it will be over soon enough.
I guess it's just age. I love my Ducati but on the Honda I feel like I'm in Bladerunner or somthing. Hello welcome to 2006 LOL

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CollegeRider said:
The break-in period is optional. Alot of people actually ride the bike hard during the break in period on purpose. Do a search on the topic.
I know all about that. I'll just follow the break in by the book. Just need another 400 miles on the bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the site. I used to have an Aprillia but the maintenance was killing me. The Honda is very reliable. BTW, what color?

·
Registered
209 Posts
My book didn't really have anything on the break in that I could find. Eh I kept it under 6k with a couple of bursts in the upper ranges. Didn't rayel on it really though as some people were telling me to do though. Pretty tame, but not completely. :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your impressions. I came from a vtwin (my first bike) SV suzuki and I still love them. Vtwins feel like a muscle car, inlines fee like a jet turbine. Power builds tell it almost feels like it won't stop.

FOr breakin, its not so much the engine speed but the varying of engine speed. I am sure u know, nice to have experianced riders join our sight.

Out of curiousity, what are your impressions on the new 1098? Looking forward to it myself.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
congratulations on your new purchase! I believe 600rr is by far one of the greatest bikes, and all the members on the forum are by far the most knowledgeable and respectful ppl I have met on the forum. I also just got a ducati myself, the 996. You should help me out a lot with your "ducati insight"! hehe!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts