Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
August 2015 BOTM Winner / Domo
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any out there? Looking for one too keep my lid with me if im up and about :)

·
August 2015 BOTM Winner / Domo
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Checked out the ogio's and there pretty nice. More so looking for a backpack that holds the egg and every thing else after ;) i recall arai making a really nice padded one but i cant find them anymore, same for an oxford one that was a helmet bag first thrn everything else after... They were all foam padded too :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
http://ogio.com/moto/back-packs/less-drag-pack

this is the bag i have. the bottom has a parachute like thing that can come out and hold a helmet up to xxl or something like that. also comes with lifetime warranty
How does the shape hold up? I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet because all of the ones I have seen at cycle gear have weird indentations in the outer "shell". It's like an all-season foamy thing.

It just looks trashy to me and I love Ogio products.

·
Registered
532 Posts
How does the shape hold up? I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet because all of the ones I have seen at cycle gear have weird indentations in the outer "shell". It's like an all-season foamy thing.

It just looks trashy to me and I love Ogio products.

i wear it everyday for my commute to work. the shape has held up perfectly, defiantly a great pack.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the same one, love it.!!! AJ

·
Registered
502 Posts
i have the less drag, used the helmet once. worked awesome, then never used it again :)

still a great bag, especially if you want one for carrying your lid.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I was at cycle gear looking for some saddle bags today(they didnt have any other than the shitty bilt ones) and I was compelled to compare the no-drag and the squad II. Here are my opinions:

Ogio No Drag:

Pros:

• Light-weight
  • Water Bladder pouch
  • MP3 Player pouch and ability to route it through the shoulder strap
  • Helmet hood keeps the helmet on your back
  • "Hard case" outer shell
Cons:

• Tall - Not ideal for people with short torsos (me, helmet rubbed the top of the bag)
  • Single chest strap
  • Fits like a backpack (weight distributed to shoulders and waste)
Icon Squad II:

Pros:

• Reflectivity (360 degrees of reflective surface)
  • First aid kit pouch
  • Tool kit pouch
  • Padding
  • Chest harness (when tightened, this distributes the weight of the pack to your chest and not on your shoulders)
  • Harness for your jacket
Cons:

• No water bladder pouch
  • No media player pouch
  • Helmet harness hangs below the pack
  • Heavy - comparatively speaking

I ended up holding off on buying either because I really needed the saddlebags and purchasing one of the packs would have been a $125(icon)-$150(ogio) impulse buy. That being said, I had decided to go with the Icon. I was really impressed with how light it was when it was on my back versus the weight put onto my shoulders by the Ogio. The Ogio also didn't hold it's shape perfectly, I am nit picky like that. All three of the ones they had in stock folded inside of each other on the edge with the reflective strip. Plus I wouldn't be able to tuck comfortably with the Ogio.

I love Ogio products, they make incredible bags and clothing so this is about as honest of an opinion as I can make. If you're taller than 5'6", the No-drag is a great buy. If you're in the military or crazy about visibility the Squad II takes the cake.

Either product is a solid investment. /rant

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was at cycle gear looking for some saddle bags today(they didnt have any other than the shitty bilt ones) and I was compelled to compare the no-drag and the squad II. Here are my opinions:

Ogio No Drag:

Pros:

• Light-weight
  • Water Bladder pouch
  • MP3 Player pouch and ability to route it through the shoulder strap
  • Helmet hood keeps the helmet on your back
  • "Hard case" outer shell
Cons:

• Tall - Not ideal for people with short torsos (me, helmet rubbed the top of the bag)
  • Single chest strap
  • Fits like a backpack (weight distributed to shoulders and waste)
Icon Squad II:

Pros:

• Reflectivity (360 degrees of reflective surface)
  • First aid kit pouch
  • Tool kit pouch
  • Padding
  • Chest harness (when tightened, this distributes the weight of the pack to your chest and not on your shoulders)
  • Harness for your jacket
Cons:

• No water bladder pouch
  • No media player pouch
  • Helmet harness hangs below the pack
  • Heavy - comparatively speaking

I ended up holding off on buying either because I really needed the saddlebags and purchasing one of the packs would have been a $125(icon)-$150(ogio) impulse buy. That being said, I had decided to go with the Icon. I was really impressed with how light it was when it was on my back versus the weight put onto my shoulders by the Ogio. The Ogio also didn't hold it's shape perfectly, I am nit picky like that. All three of the ones they had in stock folded inside of each other on the edge with the reflective strip. Plus I wouldn't be able to tuck comfortably with the Ogio.

I love Ogio products, they make incredible bags and clothing so this is about as honest of an opinion as I can make. If you're taller than 5'6", the No-drag is a great buy. If you're in the military or crazy about visibility the Squad II takes the cake.

Either product is a solid investment. /rant
I havent had any ogio experience (I have the Squad II and my girlfriend has two different Kriegas) but I can say I was a bit scared of the Squad IIs weight until I put it on and strapped it in tight. Once its on I dont feel a thing except some of the comfy padding.

Also, everytime I use my squad II I feel like Im finding more pockets. Check the "chest pad" on each strap, chest facing side. Each one has a small pocket, the one on the left (I think) is made for an mp3 player/phone and has a channel to run headphones up the bag strap.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Also, everytime I use my squad II I feel like Im finding more pockets. Check the "chest pad" on each strap, chest facing side. Each one has a small pocket, the one on the left (I think) is made for an mp3 player/phone and has a channel to run headphones up the bag strap.
I will definitely do that. I did get the feeling that the function of the Icon II was leagues above the Ogio.

That thing is frigging ugly

The squad II doesnt look much better IMHO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.