Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that last weekend 17 sportbike helmets were stolen last Saturday downtown where i live at. 17 helmets in one night is a lot when its only a handful of bikers. I use my D-Ring with my passenger seat but i dont feel like thats reliable anymore. I dont want to carry my helmet around everywhere but thats what it looks like its going to come to. What do you do with your helmets?:shakehand

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
If you have an expensive helmet, you bring it with you.

its another reason why i don't buy really expensive helmets. its always a bullseye for thieves.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Never ever leave any of your gear unattended regardless of its price or condition
even gear has pro thieves that go out looking for top brand products to steal

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm always nervous to leave my helmet attached to the passenger seat. But I just hate carrying it around everywhere i go. But I guess it's come to the point I'm going to have too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I never leave my gear on my bike.

If I leave the bike, the gear comes with me.

If a buddy of mine drove (to the same place that I rode), I will leave it locked in the cage.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I guess it depends where I'm at and how long it will be unattended but usually I'll take mine in with me. When I get my new helmet I'll probably always take that with me when I hop off though. I'll second the leaving gear in buddies car though. Great place as long as the door is locked.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, I hold on tightly to my Arai everywhere I go.. I would NEVER leave it on the bike.. I usually wear my cheaper helmet when I know I'm going to not want to carry a helmet around with me..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I leave my arai's and shoei's on the bike, with the Dring.

Never had a problem.

I also believe in Karma and I know in the end if it was stolen..... the world would balance out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Believing in Karma is cool, when the BAD person gets what's coming to them, but that still leaves the victim without a $900 helmet.. I would be pissed!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh yeah if my Arai or Shoei got stolen I would undoubtably be pissed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Believing in Karma is cool, when the BAD person gets what's coming to them, but that still leaves the victim without a $900 helmet.. I would be pissed!!

:+1:.........

·
Registered
342 Posts
I usually just WEAR my helmet everywhere. That way you don't have to worry about someone stealing it, and you never know when the extra protection will come in handy...

Stig

·
Registered
90 Posts
one of these days i want to purposefully leave my shoei on my bike and hide somewhere nearby where i can watch my bike, soon as i see someone try and take my lid....:gun1::gun1::gun1:

·
Registered
174 Posts
One reason I buy cheaper helmets ($300-400) is because of the loss price. I have a friend who left his Arai on his bike and had it stolen, so he started locking it to the bike and probably the same guy walked by to take it, couldn't, so the guy cut the strap and left the helmet on the ground. Depending on the place, I'll either carry my helmet or just leave it on the bike. I never take the time to lock it up. I'd rather carry than have my strap cut out of spite.

·
Registered
277 Posts
With the other guys buy the cheap lids. I ride with a bell, if I remember right got if from the wal mart for less then 100. I has the same pertection as the other DOT helments.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
it depends. if i am going on a ride i leave it on the bike because i wont be away long when i stop. and i know im gunna catch sh!t for this but if its bike night downtown or something i don't wear it. i know its not smart but i have just found it easier if i dont have to worry about it. or if my girl is going she wears mine because it fits better than the extra one i have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts