Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for 2 years I have ridden with Arai, the Profile and RX7 Corsair. But after learning more, I find out that they are definitely too big for me (XL). So I ordered a sz L Corsair and the inside fits pretty well (minor headache after a few hours riding). I expect the pads will break in and conform to me though. My issue is that in the sz L shell, my face is so close to the breath/nose guard. I can stick my lips out and touch it, and when I ride in windy conditions or at 80+ mph, the nose guard will touch my nose. Its annoying, and I don't know if thats normal. If so I guess I can get used to it. Anyone have the same issue???

·
Registered
31 Posts
it sounds like you're getting movement in teh helmet. and that might be an indication of the wrong fit.

you wrote that you got a headache. but maybe you need to change your cheek pads. have you tried that?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
sounds like you've got a long head shape, just like me. i run into the same issue. by the time i fit the cheekpads tight enough, the chin bar is close to my lips and/or the forehead is usually too snug. 59 cm head measurement, all helmets listed are large

best fits: shoei x-11, scorpion 700, bell star and vortex, shoei rf-1000 (fit okay but needed tighter cheekpads, arai profile,

doesnt work for me: shark rsr2, arai except for profile, most agv

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm in agreement with Jojo and Jason on this. Sounds like the Arai is not the best helmet shape for you. E.g. the Arai for me was instant agony the moment I put it on! I went Shoei. Try some different manufacturers to find the best fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts