Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife got me an icon air frame last christmas but I recently tried it on and it fits perfect but....

it's hard to open the visor... it's not locked either... Plus I noticed the the rubber which seals the visor to the helmet gets caught which makes it hard to open...

anyone with this problem? And is there a simple fix?

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
not familiar with that particular helmet.
but
on my Arai, rx-7 it came with some lubricant that is used on the hinges of the face shield.
when the lube dries out the shield is pretty resistant to move, and the lube makes is like butter again, lube is a good thing i suppose...
give a whirl

·
Registered
216 Posts
It wears in, I had the same issue then it smooths out. Plus it is there to prevent the air from opening/closing it. Biggest issue for me when it comes to Icon helmets is they are not aerodynamic at all, I get a lot of turbulence and drag when I turn my head.

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
I don't have any problems opening or closing my air frame helmet. Sounds like you just need to break it in. The only problem I have with mine is trying to change the shield because it came with a bent tab. So I just keep the smoke visor on and if I need a clear one I use my old helmet.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Silicone grease...

Dow Corning is one of the better and more common ones out there...

Permatex also sells it as dielectric grease...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts