1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
the price is certainly an advantage, but if you ride in groups a lot I highly suggest a chatterbox.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
BiGxbOix510 said:
I'm using these right now. They feel a little weird but easier to put on helmet than earbuds.
i use those too they arent great but they dont fall off when i put my helmet on or take it off and i can hear my music and whats going on around me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah those are the Sony ones that I was using until the left ear went out. I just got a pair of Phillips ones similar to those today for the same price (9.99). I'm not sure yet if I'll get these helmet speakers. How much does a Chatterbox run?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I Like My Chatter Box It Has Two Earpieces That Are Stuck To The Inside Of My Helmet With Two Sided Tape You Shoulod Try That Having Earpieces In Your Ear For So Long Can Get Enoying

·
Registered
587 Posts
Those work pretty good. I cant do music while i ride cuz im always wantin to change the song.....Messin with the ipod on the fly almost got me fubard one day so i just listen to the motor music!

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Chatter box is the only way to go. Yeah I know the cost is higher.. Other than being able to listen to music, answer your phone if you need to..( haven't tried that one yet ) being able to talk to the other riders around you is priceless. Twice now it saved me from a possiable ticket. Needless to say it has pretty much paid for itself. There are a few others in our group that wish they had a chatter box for our last ride. The speakers work great and the system mounts up easly. You can control the volume and turn off the music from the system at any point if needed.

On another note, from time to time you can talk s*** to people using the little hand held radios. Makes for a little on the road fun.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey guys, here's an idea. If you want to go speakers but don't want or need communication. One route you can go is to get the chatterbox slim radio with the plug in speakers. The radio mounts very small on the back of your neck and most people won't see it. Then you can snake the wires around inside the helmet and put the speakers in the cutouts. Then you can hook up your iPod or whatever to a FM Transmitter. I used the Audiax 2 (look it up) because it runs on an AAA battery or cigarette lighter. So you can use it for your bike and your car. I love it. And there are no wires leading to your helmet and then no one can prove you were listening to anything at all.

Oh, and since this picture I've actually gotten a chatterbox, but the wired one. I got the HJC-60. It is actually cheaper than the wireless ones. It also has an audio plug to plug either this radio setup or your music device right to it. It has a volume control and everything. PLus my girlfriend can plug her helment into it and we can talk or we can both listen to tunes rolling down the road.

And for clarity, the best thing I've found is to wear earplugs with your speakers. Then you can turn it to a reasonable volume and the speakers play right to your ears. You can keep it at a low volume and still hear what is around you, but the earplugs mask the ambient wind noise. It is a great combination and I love it. No headaches from earphones at all any more. YOu can also hook your phone up to the HJC60. It has a call button to answer and also make voice activated calls. I've never done this, but to each their own. Just my $.02. Hope this helps!

Here's some pics. I know they are crappy. If you want better ones let me know. Or of the new setup.

Chatterbox slim AM/FM radio on helmet.

iPod to Audiax 2 FM transmitter

·
Registered
503 Posts
Is it praticulary dangerous to ride with headphones in while you ride? I was considering it but didn't really want to act on it if it was gonna bite me in the end. If you guys listen while you ride can you still here stuff i.e. sirens, horns, wind, or even the sound of your own engine?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Slade said:
Is it praticulary dangerous to ride with headphones in while you ride? I was considering it but didn't really want to act on it if it was gonna bite me in the end. If you guys listen while you ride can you still here stuff i.e. sirens, horns, wind, or even the sound of your own engine?
If I'm around town I don't listen to anything other than my surroundings, but if I'm going on a long ride that's going to be mostly highway time, I take my iPod so I don't get bored.

·
Registered
503 Posts
if you were listening to music around town would you be able to hear anything? Thats my main concern cuz thats where i mainly ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts