Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as being tucked in (freeway, I like to cuddle up to my RC51 and CBR tanks) and on the racetrack, my Shoei's have been superb EXCEPT for when I'm trying to see the road. I feel this may be important, as freeway speeds and racetrack speeds turn the landscape into spooky death land.

What helmets have you guys used over the years that offer good views from the brow ridge... thing? At Laguna Seca, I was literally watching for curbing racing up to the cork screw, I had to one-hand it while simultaneously holding my helmet up to see where the hell I was headed.

Here's the only picture I have that shows how low it sits on my head... I'm kinda ape-ish anyway, but it's hard to see up hills/down the road when I'm really low.

EDIT: My avatar shows it too... but that's a mirror shield which is even harder to see my orientation.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I know the rf-1100 has increased visibility at the brow ridge over the old rf-1000. But in FULL tuck I expearience a bit of what you are talking about. I have the rf-1100 and I am 6 feet 180

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I was having the same issues with my old RF1100. my current AGV GP-Tech is a little bit better. My Arai Corsair had the best visibility at the brow ridge by far unfortunately it took a pretty hard hit off the pavement.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
from what i have heard the Arai has some of the best visibility.
lucky for you i have a rx-7 tomy guny for sale!!

PM me and we can talk shipping =)

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
from what i have heard the Arai has some of the best visibility.
lucky for you i have a rx-7 tomy guny for sale!!

PM me and we can talk shipping =)
:+1: and its one of the best looking lids they ever made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.