Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I want to buy a bike but the ones I am interested in are out of state. (too far out of state to drive to).

I've never done this before so I'm not sure what kind of guarantees i have.

if somebody has a bike that they still owe money on. and i'm going to get a loan to get that bike, how would it work?

i can get my loan to pay off his loan and whatever else he asks for on top of that.

however, after paying that ... i don't have any guarantee that he will send the bike do i? has anybody ever bought from somebody out of state and had it delivered, etc? how did you do it? how did you make sure you were covered?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if he doesn't send it .... i can just call the cops right?

sorry if these are dumb questions. i'm seriously really new to this and i don't want to make a huge mistake. i'm actually considering buying from someone on these forums and i'm not saying i don't trust him ... i just have to make sure i watch myself too because it's a lot of money.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would not buy a bike that I could not personally look and talk to the seller about. Today it is way too risky to buy things over the web, craigslist or other places.

It would be worth a drive, even if a couple of hours to physically look at a bike. Maybe even try it out. Dont send money with the hope that you will get a bike. You will get burned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's been my experience that if you can't go physically touch the bike AND test drive it yourself - I wouldn't buy it. That's JMO -

It's better if you can do that stuff because what may look good in pictures may not run as great or have internal problems that a simple look-over or test drive would bring out.

Like I said that my opinion though...

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah, it may not seem like it when you're looking for a bike because you really want one, but bikes are a dime a dozen. Do not rush it. Take your time find something nice and legit. You will be very glad in the long run when you dont have to deal with all the potential crap from buying something you couldnt check. Buy local!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
the only time i've bought outta state was from a dealership in chattanooga, TN...and i'm near savannah, GA. I knew it was a brand new bike though, plus I went up there and trailered it back myself, it only took one day and two gas tanks. if you dont see it before you buy it and its not new, i wouldnt recommend it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts