Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHITE ON ME! I was raising the front of my bike back to stock height by moving up the triples. Well while tightening the bolt above the one that holds the clip on in position I snapped it off and there isn't a way to get to it. I have to leave for the track tomorrow evening and need to get this biatch fixed now!!! How do I get it out?

C

·
0 Posts
take off your upper faring. Drill it and use an easy out. Replace bolt. Reinstall upper.
Or just leave it be. Chances are that the one bolt will be strong enough to hold it. In addition, you do have the clipon bolt (that's connected to the tripple) and the lower tripple bolts.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size drill bit do I use to drill it and where can I pick up and "easy out" ?
cvlighthouse said:
take off your upper faring. Drill it and use an easy out. Replace bolt. Reinstall upper.
Or just leave it be. Chances are that the one bolt will be strong enough to hold it. In addition, you do have the clipon bolt (that's connected to the tripple) and the lower tripple bolts.

C

·
0 Posts
take the broken bolt to the auto part store and show it to them. They'll size up the eazy out and show you the correct drill bit to use for it.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a set of easy outs, on the back it shows just to drill the easy out in and then hammer it in a little bit more then twist out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts