Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just lifted the tank so I could clean my BMC air filter. Got all the fairings back on today after work and took her for a ride.

I was just picking up a little speed, at exactly at 5k the rmps dropped and the oil light came on. I pulled in the clutch, slowed down and everything went back to normal.

Couple more tries, and this happens every single time. What do I do??
No new gas was put in, all lights work, battery wasn't touched.

I'm at a loss right now. Did some forum searching but couldn't find anything.

Max

(Note that I moved this thread into General so it'll get some more attention. I was supposed to attend a group ride tomorrow, and I can't troubleshoot this myself...)

·
Registered
619 Posts
hmmm. i really dont know what to tell you, since i only had my bike for one year. but as far as cars... i know sometimes if i cleaned my K&N air filters, there's excess oil from the filter that gets on the MAF sensor. im assuming out bikes have one, since it's fuel injected. theres special cleaner for MAF sensors.

again, this is what i know from my car... just something for you to try or look into.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
In relation to the above suggestion, did you make sure the filter was dry before putting it back in?

That's really all I've got, might want to pop your tank fairing off again and make sure everything is still connected.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I clean air filters quiet frequently, so I'm confident I got that dry and properly put in.

However, I did lift the tank this morning, and two hoses weren't properly in. First, one of the drainage hoses was disconected, and second, the gas line was almost off. So I put those two back in, made sure everything was in place, and took her for a ride.

She did this stalling thing on me once more, and then I was able to push her as hard as I wanted for about an hour. Then on the way home, she did it again.... Any ideas

·
Registered
251 Posts
maybe some loose wire connections from when u lifted the tank.. did u do any other work to her like change the oil?

·
Registered
619 Posts
sounds like a pinched fuel line to me
I second that. lift the tank up again, check all the fuel pump connections are solid, no exposed wires, all the fuel lines aren't twisted or close to somewhere where it can get pinched.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts