Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all i'm a newbie so i would like to apologize in advance for my ignorance. Ok so my bike was intermitantly not starting like it was a dead battery. So this past weekend it stranded me in the middle of the night after a fuel up. In an attempt to push start it i layed it over on its right side ( sore subject ) at most 3mph and decided to get roadside assistance. They jumpstarted me and i was on my way. So i took the battery in and to have it tested/matched up with a new one. So today, 5 days after being stranded, i put the new battery in and all it does is turn over. The fuel pump runs, it is getting spark, i pulled a plug and it looks like there is very little fuel on it. Is any too much? The kill switch is on run. Kickstand is down, and the bike is in nuetral. And from what i understand if theres something wrong with the bank agngle sensor it will not allow it to turn over? Please let me know if there is something i'm missing i need to try. I also have tried starting a few times with wide open throttle.
I have an 06 Honda cbr600rr. The only real mod is a slip on.P lease help guys. thanks! Oh and is there a self diagnostic test?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
The BAS is reset by flipping the kill switch off and on I believe. How do you know its getting spark? How do you know its getting fuel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the boot off of the spark plug and put a piece of metal in it and checked for arc on grounded metal. And then i'm assuming theres fuel because i'm hearing the fuel pump turn in before i start it. And thanks on the BAS, I have already done that.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The fuel pump turning on doesn't mean you have gas, it'll do that regardless. Open the tank and look inside, move the bike and you should hear gas in the tank.

Good luck bro.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I just noticed you said you has gas in your heading, sorry I missed that.

Did you by any chance reverse the polarity when putting the new battery in? You obviously got it right now since it's turning over. You might have blown a fuse. I would go through and check all the fuses one by one.

My buddy reversed the polarity by mistake and after getting it right it was doing what your bike is, it ended up being a blown fuse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i feel like an idiot. It was just really flooded i guess. I'm not real sure what caused it though. I ended up cranking it for about 15 secs or so with WOT 6 times i think. Waiting about 15 minutes in between. on the 5th time it sputtered for a second. Then the last time it started an ran rough for a bit burning out all that crap. Oh and in those 15 seconds i would let off the throttle and let it choke for a second. I think thats what got it running.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dude I had almost the exact same thing today. These things are a real pig to start when they're flooded. I got mine going by doing the whole WOT a couple of times then trying to start with the throttle half open. Lots of black smoke but she lives again!

·
Registered
187 Posts
S happens Klayford, atleast you got it fixed bro, mine does that sometimes out of the blue, Itll just crank and crank and ill have to flip the kill switch over and over and then itll start, I think my bike has an attitude. Always remember, a motor only needs Fire, Fuel and Air to run....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts