Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an o3 600rr it bareley will start it's running majorly rich all of a sudden no mil blinks or codes showing up bike is completely stock no mods when it does start it blows major black carbon cloud i replaced the plugs because they fouled out but i dont wanna fowl them agn since they are so costly has anybody had a similar prob???

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Boo! lol! dirt to the rescue! ok bro, first off welcome to the site.. now tell me what type of gas r u usin? if its running rich that could be a gas/air combined prob that would be easy to explain what u might need to do but first tell me what gas u use.. oh yeah, it we 2am when u posted this, i wouldnt expect that many people to be up on the site..

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's nearly impossible to foul iridium plugs. I've got 42,000 on my originals. How do you know it's running rich? It's a digitally mapped bike, the sensors will adjust for that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i run 93 and yes they were so wet and fouled they didnt even spark and when i replaced them it started right up but ran like the choke was on wouldnt even think of idling black smoke carbon black not oil and makes your eyes burn and i def know theres a major problem i have the service manual im wondering if one the sensors is messed up and the ecm isnt picking it up or if the ecm itself is bad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it never ran like this it just happened all of a sudden when i got on it to ride so i know a power commander wont help me someting must be fried

·
Registered
814 Posts
The bike doesn't have a choke. From the sounds of your knowledge of the bike, i think letting the dealer handle it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If you have that much fuel in the cylinders pull the plugs and let them dry out. Don't try to clean the plugs but reinstall them when the cylinders are dry. If the ECU is still dumping that much fuel in then you might have a problem with the TPS or the throttle bodies themselves. But usually they will both throw a code. Did you read page 6-8 & 6-9 of the SM about reading the codes?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hessogood said:
The bike doesn't have a choke. From the sounds of your knowledge of the bike, i think letting the dealer handle it would be a good idea.
the fast idle circuit is like a choke i thaught it might have been malfuctioning but its not and new rider i did read the whole section on codes i disconected the map sensor and it threw a code so i know its something dumb the dealer is trying to tell me its fine but i put it on my friends dyno and at idle it's f/a ratio is 20:1 wow holly richness at full throttle its 17:1 should i risk spending 350 for a pc3 and putting in a map and tuning from there?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
20:1 is a lean condition. Did you pinch off or disconnect the PAIR valve when it was on the dyno? That could explain the lean A/F ratio. Have you had the throttle bodies off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my buddy just called me and told me he found a chunk of silencer packing in the sniffer it was throwing off the af ratios he wont be able to run my bike agn till tuesday but i will get back with a more accurate reading ok and no the bike is virgin never touched besides oil changes thanks alot newrider check agn tues around 7 pm and i should have a new post ok

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Considering the '07's wont be out for a while that could mean a significant lose of time for riding. Depends on where you live I guess.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when exactly are they coming out? i just sold the 03 broke and all lol 5k i got i baught it at the auction 2 yrs ago for 3500 lol and rode the piss out of it ready for that white and silver 07 thanks everyone for the help i really appreciate it 600rr.net rocks :thrasher:

·
Registered
765 Posts
it looks like he sold it post #17

1 - 19 of 19 Posts