Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I need some serious help. I have a 2004 600RR and the fuel pump isn't activating. I have done everything, Its not the BAS, Its not theFuel pump because I have two and neither work, its not the on/off switch or kill switch same thing I have two I checked all the fuses and relays, Now the only thing left I can think of is the ecu, is there a way to check if thats the culprit because I need my bike ASAP with gas the way it is, any Help will be great, Oh and I tried jumping it at the relay for the fuel pump and that didn't work but when you jump it at the pump it turns on just fine

·
Registered
58 Posts
I see you have checked the fuses and relays, but have you checked the switches themselves? If the switches are bad, it doesnt matter how many good fuses and relays you have, it still wont crank.

K

·
0 Posts
you're sure it's not the bas... you're positive it's mounted and connected properly, the harness is in good condition, all pins inside connectors are well connected?

What has happened from the time it last worked to now?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not the BAS because I have 2 I tried and also jumped at the connector,where are the switches for it, and the last time it worked it rained really bad and fell over

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and I checked all of the wires, none of them are cut,pinched, or exposed im just really stummped and Im pretty well mechanically inclined,and the only thing left I can think of is the ecu

K

·
0 Posts
i highly doubt it's the ECU. if all it did was fall over, then it's a delicate part, like the relays or switches. which side did it fall over on, right or left?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it dropped on the relay relay side(left side) but I tried jump the pluggs the fan works fine but the fuel pump doesn't kick over and I tried switching the relays around

K

·
0 Posts
it dropped on the relay relay side(left side) but I tried jump the pluggs the fan works fine but the fuel pump doesn't kick over and I tried switching the relays around
"tried to jump the plugs...." i don't know what that means.

From the stop switch, the White/Black wire goes directly to the BAS. From the BAS Red/White the wire goes to the Engine Stop Relay. From the Engine Stop Relay, the Black/White wire closes the Fuel Cut Relay, which sends voltage to the fuel pump.

Somewhere in that circuit, you have a malfunction. you can't just start swapping relays. TEST THEM.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what I mean by jumpping the plug is I take a jumper wire and insert it in to where the relay goes, but i'll check to see if thre is a short in that circut area you mentioned, i've looked every where else and have been followin the wiring diagram with no luck but I hope this works

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to check that to, because I saw it in the diagram for the fuel circut, but I didn't think it was because when the kick is down the fuel pump should work it just wont you change in to gear I thought

K

·
0 Posts
I was going to check that to, because I saw it in the diagram for the fuel circut, but I didn't think it was because when the kick is down the fuel pump should work it just wont you change in to gear I thought
No. If the kickstand is down, both the starter and ignition system will shut down if the bike is in gear and the clutch safety sensor is at the "clutch engaged" position. 's got nothing to do with the fuel pump.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing I have tried has worked, I bought a new ECU,Relays, fuses, have taken the complete wiring harness out and checked it all fine I cant for the life of me figure it out

K

·
0 Posts
Are you testing ANY of these parts (save for the ECU, which i told you was highly unlikely to be the culprit) before you're replacing them?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah Im testing everything, I do have the fuel pump working now dont know why but now it wont fire up plugs look fine so please help me there

K

·
0 Posts
So the starter turns the motor when you hit the start button, and the fuel pump is priming at switch on.

you haven't taken the clutch cover off, have you? you've done the flooded engine procedure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem

My bike wont start either AND the fuel pump is not priming.
It initially did, but, it had a jumper in plaace to bypass the BAS. I took the jumper out, ran the wires to the BAS... then nothing. So, I just spliced the W/Y and G at the BAS and still, nothing. By nothing, I mean the fuel pump will not prime.
Here's what I've done since it worked last:
-Drained oil
-Took the left side alt cover off to paint it and replaced
-Re-did the shotty wire job that was on it, this includes the BAS, left headlight, left turn signal and a few misc wires
-Replaced about half of the fuses (head light, gauge cluster/ilum, rear lts, etc)
-Trickle charged the battery
**note** I haven't filled it back up with oil yet. I will, just was doing a quick "test fire" just to see. Funny that it won't huh? Is there a oil sensor that won't let the fuel pump prime if there's no oil? That's the only thing I can think...

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

R,
Jon

K

·
0 Posts
Jon,

no there is not. recheck your BAS wiring, consider putting the bas back on in the correct orientation. make sure your fuses are good, and make sure your fuel cut off relay is working properly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts