Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i got a new battery because i thought my old one went bad so it reads 12 volts off the bike but when i put it on the bike it reads like 4 volts and it wont start

the dash lights up fuel pump makes noise and when i push the button sounds like clicking from the starter

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Check your fuses. You may have a blown one, or a short/ground somewhere in the system.

Also, make sure the kill switch is set to run.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok now i have the battery tender hooked up to the brand new battery mounted in the bike connected and its reading like not even 10 volts

the headlight is dim why is the battery loosing charfe when i connect it to the bike??

its a 09 600rr the only mods are slip on tripage taillight and rear fender elimator and i think i had to put a resuster box for the taillight thats it 1300 miles

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Why did you originally replace the battery? Was the bike having trouble starting/weak battery?

What are the other symptoms?

Starter just clicks when you try to turn over the bike
Headlight is dim with new battery

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the the bike hasnt been ridin in like 2 years but it only has 1300 miles on it
i didnt have a tender on the battery so i thought it was done but now im having trouble with the new battery ill make a video tomorow im gona return this battery hopefully its bad

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Put your old battery on the tender. See if you can bring it back to life.

With the new battery. Make sure its charged, when you are starting the bike turn the throttle to wot. Do this a few times to further prime the fuel system. May take 3-6 tries. Don't stay on the starter too long. A few seconds max.

Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
probably something wrong with your regulator-rectifier, don't try to start it after you resolve that voltage drop, I read many stories about how they like to fry electrical stuff.. If it starts but battery jusy keeps dyimg quicklu, could be your alternator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts