Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my bike the other day and it worked fine. The following day it would not start. Here is a link to the video of what it does when trying to start it.

At first I tried the battery, thinking this was the issue. I took the old battery to Advanced Auto Parts and got them to see if the battery would hold a charge. It wouldn't, so I bought a new battery. Even when I put this one in the issue was not resolved. I also checked the fuses on the bike, and they were all good.

I then thought it could be a spark plug issue. So I replaced the 4 spark plugs. This turned out to also NOT be the issue either. The bike does display a "Fi" indicator light that is solid. When I bought the bike he had (still has) a PowerCommander III in it. I Don't have the USB cable, or program for it, but It seems to be fine.

Does anyone know what my issue maybe, or what I should try next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
after the last ride did you do anything to the bike or have it in a place where something or someone could have messed with it? i had a similar problem before, i had been working on my bike put everything back together and tried to start it and the same thing happened, and it turned out a little 2 wire connector had come unplugged that i hadn't even touched

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Badwolf: It is garage kept so I don't think anyone could have messed with it, however, I will glance over it again to see if any wires are disconnected.

Sammy: I just looked up how to test to see if the fuel pump is priming, I will start working on that in the next few days and Ill post back to see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally gave in and brought to a shop. Apparently the guy who installed the Power Commander had it plugged into the wrong wire, and all of the electrical connections under the tank were corroded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts