Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i was bleeding my front brakes. I did the left side first and had no problem doing it. When I came to the right side thats when i had the issue. The problem is when i start to pull my brake lever to get the air out, the brake fluid was not coming out from the nipple. The fluid was coming out from where the nipple is attached to. Its hard to explain but i put a picture up with an arrow pointing where the fluid comes out when i try to bleed it. If anyone could help me with this issue I would really appreciate.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So it was coming out of the threads? If that's the case just tighten it up a little bit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it was coming out from the threads. I cant bleed it because everytime i try to bleed it thats where the brake fluid would come out and not the nipple. I'm starting to think that the caliper may be bad.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
check to see if there is some kind of blockage in the bleeder screw...you should be safe to just inscrew it to check it. that is the only reason is should come out around the treads and not out the bleeder itself. If the bleeder is blocked the pressure in the line would find the next easiest way out which would be the treads. good luck! let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i'll try that to see if there is any blockage. thanks i'll let you guys know if this solves the problem.

check to see if there is some kind of blockage in the bleeder screw...you should be safe to just inscrew it to check it. that is the only reason is should come out around the treads and not out the bleeder itself. If the bleeder is blocked the pressure in the line would find the next easiest way out which would be the treads. good luck! let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Murph says it best bro....you'll be fine. I've seen many bleeder screws blocked or messed up (machined poorly), and I've seen a couple with no hole in them at all (very poor machine job).

You can turn things upside down, take all the pieces off, and pull all the handles as much as you want. Let it all run out if you'd like. Bottom line is....top it up and bleed it when you are all done reassembling it and you'll be good as new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts