Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's,
hope someone can help me figure this out? to pass inspection for my 03 i reattached rear signal lights. I usually just run my Ca. integrated taillights. after hooking everything up both turn signals work, the integrated taillight and the ones i just attached to the sides of the bike. however, now the brake lights don't work? i took it all apart and rewired it w/o the side lights and the brakes still don't work. I reattached the stock brake lights and it still doesn't work? i finaly put the integrated lights back on and the side turn signals on again. they work but the brake lights still don't. anybody have any clue whats going on?

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Reagrdless of which brake lever you use the brake lights
do not work or is it only one working but not the other
please be specific and will go from there

·
Registered
965 Posts
I had the same issue. It has to be a connection. Mine turned out to be a break in the wire harness in the tail. I taped it back up so it couldnt flex under the seat and havent had the issue since.

And Moe is right, if your just using the rear brake to test the light make sure the switch on it is adjusted properly.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah hand and foot brake brake light don't work. i'll check again to see if i might of broke one of the wires.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
yeah hand and foot brake brake light don't work. i'll check again to see if i might of broke one of the wires.
In that case check the wiring connection for the tail light assm

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i just checked the wiring connections, there are no breaks in any of the wires and the harness assembly for the tail light appears to be fine.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Check your fuse the fuse box is behind the left side middle fairing

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i checked the fuse it's not blown tried switching it just to be sure still no brake light. checked all the wires again they're all in good shape. i'm thinking i may have to bring it to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
i'm thinking i may have to bring it to the dealership.
LoL, don't do that. Keep checking your wiring, redo the whole shebang if you have to.
The dealership will, most likely, order you another OEM harness and return everything to stock and then do the SAME THING you did and possibly run into the same problem.
Keep at it. Good luck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a similar problem and it was the connection of the the tailight to wiring harness connector.. just played with it and it turned on.. did a few unplugs and replugs and it works fine.. also.. Not to sure if it would matter but.. did you have/ do you still have any resistors in the system for your integrated tailight? ont know if that would change anything though..

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LoL, don't do that. Keep checking your wiring, redo the whole shebang if you have to.
The dealership will, most likely, order you another OEM harness and return everything to stock and then do the SAME THING you did and possibly run into the same problem.
Keep at it. Good luck.
True! i've redone part of the wiring twice already. i was thinking about redoing all the wiring over again today. it's just frustrating the $hit out of me! the weather is finaly nice here in boston and i can't ride. plus i don't have to much time to mess with it, i should be concentrating on the end of the semester and finals.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a similar problem and it was the connection of the the tailight to wiring harness connector.. just played with it and it turned on.. did a few unplugs and replugs and it works fine.. also.. Not to sure if it would matter but.. did you have/ do you still have any resistors in the system for your integrated tailight? ont know if that would change anything though..
i've been playing with that connection but nothing happens. i think it might not be back there because i hooked up the stock tail light and that didn't work either. i haven't put in the resistors (i don't mind the fast blinking) i installed the integrated light when i first got the bike year and half ago and have had no problems. don't know if attaching other rear signals messed things up?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts