Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i layed my bike down a while ago and now the clutch wont engage. the bike didnt fall on the clutch cover side and there is no visible damage to the arm that engages or disengages the clutch. i can also see the arm move when i pull the cable but there is no tension to pull the cable back. if anybody has had this problem before or knows what it might be, the help would be greatly appreciated. also, if anybody has a blown up diagram of the transmission/clutch or knows were to find one(other than the manual) that would be awesome. thankyou in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, everything looks the way it should on the outside

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
herm, im wondering if the impact could have been sufficient to cause the pressureplate bolts to shear? probably way off on that, pure guess for me
or perhaps a broken clutch cable? hell if i know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure. i would guess it would have to hit really hard to do that and i didnt even bent the frame when i layed it down. i know the cable is good because when i pull it on top(were the lever should be) the arm moves on the motor.

D

·
0 Posts
If everything looks right on the outside, you will have to remove the clutch cover to take a look and see what the problem is.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
im not sure. i would guess it would have to hit really hard to do that and i didnt even bent the frame when i layed it down. i know the cable is good because when i pull it on top(were the lever should be) the arm moves on the motor.
well, if it manages to be what im thinking of, the stock bolts are simular to butter, and does not take much to shear them, many people shear them by thinking they are a spectacular human torque wrench

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh. ok cool. i will pop the cover tomarrow and look for anything jacked up. i will take some pics of anything suspicious. thankyou.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts