Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i know there's getting to be alot of these threads on here and it seems like i've read them all and still my bike won't start. So here's the low down..

2003 CBR600RR Not starting

Bike stored for the winter ( battery on trickle charger, fresh full tank of gas and fuel stabilizer and ran drove around for 5-10 mins and then topped up with gas)

took it out of storage two weeks ago and started right up no problem, i let it get up to temp and then shut it off. (bad weather)

Went to go to work two days ago and the bike just cranks over and over without starting.

-kill switch works (kills the FI and starter if on "X")
-headlights are working
-Fuel pump primes on turn of the key

press start button .. crank crank crank like it should fire right up but it doesn't.

Tried turning the key on and Wide Open Throttle (WOT) and crank for 10 -20 seconds (tried at least 8 times after letting the starter cool down in between)

Tried normal start at least 8 times and still no start.

Changed the spark plugs (36000 KM) tested spark plugs, great spark.

Changed the Radiator fluid while i had everything apart.

only thing i haven't checked yet is the BAS. I have a buddy coming over in a while and we will try to bump start the bike.

Asked my local honda shop buddy and he thinks it could be a sensor...just not sure which ...

Any help? :banghead:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read another thread on a different forum and the guy's problem was the Cam position sensor.

i'm assuming its inside the crank case somewhere right? any way i can test it from the outside?

·
Registered
860 Posts
cam pulse generator as Honda call it would give you an 18 blink code on the MIL.

there is a test on page 6-26 of the Honda service manual. it requires a test harness to connect to the ECU.

what do you mean by BAS in your original post?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bank Angle Sensor.. but i don't race and i haven't tipped the bike so i don't think it's that...

i'll check again but i am not getting any codes i don't think?

·
Registered
830 Posts
BAS would also prevent the fuel pump from priming if it were tripped, iirc.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No codes,

pulse generator had continuity so it should be good.

Going to test the relays tomorrow and also see if the fuel pump is pumping well.

anything else i should try?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after 2 full days of testing alot of switches and relays, pumps, new fuel and spark plugs it turned out to be my Power commander 3. I don't know what exactly happened but the primary injector weren't injecting fuel. I pulled the PC 3 out and the bike runs like a dream again. Thanks to those who tried to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts