Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Change your fuel filter and drain all of the lines. I would even pull the plugs and turn the engine over a little. Probably should change the plugs, as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
860 Posts
Me, I would syphon out all I can, fill with fresh fuel and add some Silkolene PRO-FST then see what she runs like.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Should I use some type of injector cleaner?

There shouldn't have been anything to clog up the injectors unless the fuel was literally dirty. Just try to get as much out of the system before you try running it again. It may run bad at first and even smoke a little, but it should clear up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gas station I fill up at f*cked up big time and put diesel In their super tank!!!! I have the number for the vp of that fueling company and an appointment to speak with him 230 today, he assured me I'd be reimbursed fully

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill find out when I get out of work today, I siphoned out as much as I could and brought them back their contaminated gas. After work ill put in good gas an I guess cross my fingers

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
You can try soaking them in gas then use some emery cloth to clean them up. Be sure to reset the gap.
You're better off just replacing them, though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys I can't explain how angry and frustrated I am. Let me stop here and apologize for this vent, but WTF!!!!!! I can deal with something going wrong if I neglected it, I mean even if I dumped the bike I'd feel better about it. All this trouble is over $10 of gas. If cleaning the plugs doesn't do it I might seriously lose it lol now I'm going to have to deal with this in a legal stand point, i have a young daughter at home and do everything I can to provide and now all I can see is $$$ out the window. As I'm sure with the rest of you, this bike is my outlet to the " real world", on top of all that the owner of the gas station told me to " go f*ck myself" when I went to speak to him, and yes I was polite at first until that came out. Now I'm dealing with the VP of the fueling company and consumer affairs ugh again sry I needed that lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's not a major deal man, it wont hurt your engine unless you run a whole tank on it.

just remove the ****, and put good stuff in and your golden.

EDIT: Before you let your mind get carried away with delusions of court cases and exploding bikes.... Let me tell you that a small amount of diesel will not hurt your bike, it merely has more lubrication and carbons in it. While long term exposure is really bad, short term is ******* nothing.

Chill pill bro... Chill pill... a mate of mine put the BP Ultimate diesel in by accident once, didn't realize until 2 days later, he had NO issues. Your bike will be fine.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I've had it happen before but it was my fault for grabbing the wrong fuel can. Just siphon it out and put in some fresh gas and ride on. A little bit of diesel in a gas engine isn't a big deal. The problem should fix itself rather quickly.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha thanks guys like I said Sry for the vent. I ran maybe 75-90 miles with the bad gas. I siphoned out the bad gas this morning, filled it with good gas and not the bike won't start

1 - 20 of 30 Posts