Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off thanks to anyone who helps with this or even takes the time to read my post. My bike, 2003 model, is having fuel issues. or what i am assuming is fuel issues. It will idle fine but under throttle my fuel is cutting out at about 6k rpms and my fi light is coming on. I am also having problems with overheating. not the typical is my bike running too hot overheating ive had an RR since 2005 and am used to the hotter than most temps. At cruising speeds i am getting into the fan kicking on temp ranges. I am running water wetter mix which i always have in the summer months and at times i would expect it to be running at 190 its running 220.. my fans are kicking on when supposed to but if i were to hit some traffic i would be screeewwed.. the bigger issue at hand is the fuel cutting out though. I am about to run the codes. I have a fresh oil change within and coolant flush and have checked all my fuses. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
is your gas tank rusty?

K

·
0 Posts
Ok first off thanks to anyone who helps with this or even takes the time to read my post. My bike, 2003 model, is having fuel issues. or what i am assuming is fuel issues. It will idle fine but under throttle my fuel is cutting out at about 6k rpms and my fi light is coming on. I am also having problems with overheating. not the typical is my bike running too hot overheating ive had an RR since 2005 and am used to the hotter than most temps. At cruising speeds i am getting into the fan kicking on temp ranges. I am running water wetter mix which i always have in the summer months and at times i would expect it to be running at 190 its running 220.. my fans are kicking on when supposed to but if i were to hit some traffic i would be screeewwed.. the bigger issue at hand is the fuel cutting out though. I am about to run the codes. I have a fresh oil change within and coolant flush and have checked all my fuses. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Check the Thermostat and make sure it's opening when it should. make sure you're not getting air in the system because of a warped head or cracked cylinder (Exhaust gases bleeding into the cooling system).

Also, check your battery connections (at the battery and to their destinations). Cut out at a certain RPM has often been the case of a loose power connector.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cut out also could be a vaccuum leak... Check all your hoses off of your throttle bodies and such....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts